Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lippizaner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lippizaner-10790/)

traxler 12-10-2007 12:33 AM

Lippizaner

Hi.
I went to see the Lippizaner horses today. At least I wanted to see them. The setup was so bad. We where 30 rows deep and at 5' 2" I could only see the heads of the horses.
Disappointed. :( :(

rnm 12-10-2007 02:30 AM

Re: Lippizaner

We went too, very disappointed

left at the intermission

redwitch 12-10-2007 03:44 AM

You guys are just saying this to make me feel better, right? I so wanted to see them but my daughter works on weekends and I didn't feel right going without her. Anyway, thanks for making me feel better.

ejp52 12-10-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traxler
Hi.
I went to see the Lippizaner horses today. At least I wanted to see them. The setup was so bad. We where 30 rows deep and at 5' 2" I could only see the heads of the horses.
Disappointed. :( :(

I agree,maybe they should have used the grandstand seating,so everyone could see.
I stood through the show behind seats so I didn't block anyone's view.

Barefoot 12-10-2007 04:00 AM

The Lippizaner show should definitely have had tiered seating. The joy in watching the horses is seeing their gait. lovehorse Anyone under 5'5" was out of luck unless they were standing. Love horses, love the concept, but was disappointed in the seating. >:(

Then we went to Katie Belles to see the Comedy Show. Had such a good time the other night dancing to Rocky and the Rollers. :bigthumbsup: Thought we'd also love the comedy show. Katie Belles had a cover charge tonight (only $7 pp) and a minimum ($13 pp). People were walking out half way through the act. Humour would appeal to college-age guys.. :dontknow:

Not everything appeals to everyone. We be newbies and we be learning. TV is still the greatest place on the face of the earth. :2cool:

ejp52 12-10-2007 04:03 AM

I was at KB's last night cutting the rug to Rocky and the Rollers,they're the best in my opinion. 8) :beer2:

Taltarzac 12-10-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot at last
The Lippizaner show should definitely have had tiered seating. The joy in watching the horses is seeing their gait. lovehorse Anyone under 5'5" was out of luck unless they were standing. Love horses, love the concept, but was disappointed in the seating. >:(

Then we went to Katie Belles to see the Comedy Show. Had such a good time the other night dancing to Rocky and the Rollers. :bigthumbsup: Thought we'd also love the comedy show. Katie Belles had a cover charge tonight (only $7 pp) and a minimum ($13 pp). People were walking out half way through the act. Humour would appeal to college-age guys.. :dontknow:

Not everything appeals to everyone. We be newbies and we be learning. TV is still the greatest place on the face of the earth. :2cool:

Was the comedy R to X rated? X rated comedy seems to be popular now in certain areas. Funny that Bob Saget seems to be one of its popular draws.

jmarkohio 12-10-2007 02:31 PM

Ditto on the Lippizaner responses. All we saw was bouncing heads. We also left at intermission...at least we beat the crowd.
You would have thought that since they have performed so many times someone would know that lawn seating dosen't work. Overherd some complaing that they did not know they should bring chairs.
Even so, it was for a great cause.

Taltarzac 12-10-2007 02:38 PM

Have always wanted to see those horses up close but it seems like you would have had to be pretty tall at the Polo Fields to do that?? Then that would have ruined other people's views.

beady 12-10-2007 03:18 PM

I also went to see the Lippizaners because I have always wanted to see them, and to take pictures for my granddaughter. She is crazy about horses. I went early hoping to get a good seat and I managed the front row, got lots of great pictures and had a great time.

I do agree the venue was not great. >:( If you were not in the first 3 rows you did not get a good view of these great horses and all the wonderful moves they are capable of executing. Next time I would suggest the polo stadium or portable bleachers.

I was able to get some good photo's of the horses after the show. They were very gentle and seemed to love the attention.