Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Epoxy on Garage Floor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/epoxy-garage-floor-10826/)

Oldgoat 12-11-2007 10:12 PM

Epoxy on Garage Floor

We are looking to have epoxy put on our garage floor, does anyone have any recommendations?

sistagurl 12-11-2007 10:15 PM

Re: Epoxy on Garage Floor

We used S&S for our garage floor, they had it done in a couple hours and the price was great. # is 352-299-4530

Oldgoat 12-11-2007 10:18 PM

thanks sistagurl, we will give them a call. seems like alot of people recommend them.

aford 12-31-2007 05:48 AM

did my own, use armoral epoxy for garage floors with speckles which you can use or not use. very easy, my daughter and I did it and we are girls. cost $79 per kit plus tax. I used 1 kits because my garage is huge.

Villages Kahuna 12-31-2007 03:22 PM

Cost And Need For Acid Etching?

I'd like to finish my garage floor, but I'm hesitant to have either me or anyone else apply the necessary acid for etching the concrete and then rinse it out over our new and recently sealed paver driveway. That doesn't seem like a good idea for the pavers. It seems to me that the same acid that etched the concrete would wash off the sealer on the pavers or even worse, change the color of the pavers. Right or wrong?

Also, how much does the entire epoxy coating process cost when done by a contractor? I know there are different sized garages; how about a "per square foot" estimate?

golfnut 12-31-2007 03:47 PM

I'm with you Kahuna, if it can etch concrete it has to be hard on a sealer coat. I imagine if you call S & S they will give you a free estimate and an opinion on the pavers.

784caroline 01-01-2008 02:11 PM

Are all garage coatings the same (Epoxy) or are there "Supreme" versions or thickness grades??

golfnut 01-02-2008 11:14 PM

Once again I would defer to the professionals, S & S could probably answer this question.

bsliny 01-03-2008 12:39 AM

Re: Cost And Need For Acid Etching?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna
I'd like to finish my garage floor, but I'm hesitant to have either me or anyone else apply the necessary acid for etching the concrete and then rinse it out over our new and recently sealed paver driveway. That doesn't seem like a good idea for the pavers. It seems to me that the same acid that etched the concrete would wash off the sealer on the pavers or even worse, change the color of the pavers. Right or wrong?

Also, how much does the entire epoxy coating process cost when done by a contractor? I know there are different sized garages; how about a "per square foot" estimate?

Can i ask who did your Pavers

Villages Kahuna 01-03-2008 11:07 PM

Old World Pavers

They did a terrific job. I think they've installed the pavers on every house that has them on our street. They're located on 441 in Fruitland Park. Call them at 352-787-1611. Ask to have them send out Jesse Mitchell to give you an estimate.

Patsfan 01-21-2008 11:09 PM

thanks all, we took the recommendations of so many on here and used S&S Enterprises and we couldnt be happier.

chrislowe 02-01-2008 03:51 PM

We had our garage floor done yesterday and it turned out great.

sistagurl 02-03-2008 05:23 AM

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Muncle 02-03-2008 08:18 AM

Problem. ??? I put epoxy on my garage floor and now my car is stuck to it and can't move. :cus: And can you imagine how many of those damned little tubes of epoxy I had to use to cover the whole floor? I think I may have missed something. :redface: :redface:

Patsfan 04-03-2008 04:30 PM

:agree: :agree: :agree: