Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   golf play percentages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/golf-play-percentages-108307/)

2havingfun 03-17-2014 09:35 AM

golf play percentages

what is the play percentage of executive courses in the villages?

rubicon 03-17-2014 09:54 AM

Really? since the courses are fully booked from morning til dusk I'd say 100%

BarryRX 03-17-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2havingfun (Post 846841)
what is the play percentage of executive courses in the villages?

I don't understand what you're asking.

Bay Kid 03-18-2014 07:45 AM

This year I am 100%, everyday, except days like yesterday.

nitehawk 03-18-2014 08:20 AM

maybe 110% counting guest ---- just keep building houses on every piece of vacant land -- its only going to get better ---- free golf for life - once a week

VT2TV 03-18-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitehawk (Post 847447)
maybe 110% counting guest ---- just keep building houses on every piece of vacant land -- its only going to get better ---- free golf for life - once a week

I think you are doing pretty good if you get in every week. We have been kicked out at least 6 times this winter. :sigh::sigh::confused::confused:

Barefoot 03-18-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT2TV (Post 847767)
I think you are doing pretty good if you get in every week. We have been kicked out at least 6 times this winter. :

I don't understand. You have been kicked off golf courses after you have a confirmed reservation? :confused: :confused: I've never heard of such a thing.

We usually play a couple of times a week. We book three days out and are flexible about times and courses. We've never had a problem finding a place to play. When we don't feel like booking ahead, sometimes we head to the Pimlico Starter Shack around 6 PM and have our choice of three courses.

VT2TV 03-19-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 847770)
I don't understand. You have been kicked off golf courses after you have a confirmed reservation? :confused: :confused: I've never heard of such a thing.

We usually play a couple of times a week. We book three days out and are flexible about times and courses. We've never had a problem finding a place to play. When we don't feel like booking ahead, sometimes we head to the Pimlico Starter Shack around 6 PM and have our choice of three courses.

Sorry,didn't make myself clear---we never got tee times on those days. The person who does our group (8 people who probably play 1-2 other times in the week), puts our time in just as soon as she can. One thing that probably has hurt us this winter is that we don't put in anything too much past Saddlebrook to the north. It didn't cause any problem last year, but this year it has. 6pm might be ok now, but would be dark during most of the winter. Hopefully it won't be much of an issue soon because we can golf later.

N44125 03-19-2014 04:51 AM

One note...it doesn't make any difference when you put your request in during the request period. What DOES make a difference is where you are on the list at 1 am on the day that the reservations were awarded. Where you are on the list is determined by points, guest criteria, etc. For example... the award / reservation that I received this morning was determined by where I was on the list at 1 am early this morning.

Bogie Shooter 03-19-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT2TV (Post 847774)
Sorry,didn't make myself clear---we never got tee times on those days. The person who does our group (8 people who probably play 1-2 other times in the week), puts our time in just as soon as she can. One thing that probably has hurt us this winter is that we don't put in anything too much past Saddlebrook to the north. It didn't cause any problem last year, but this year it has. 6pm might be ok now, but would be dark during most of the winter. Hopefully it won't be much of an issue soon because we can golf later.

Solution; more courses and a wider window.

Bogie Shooter 03-19-2014 06:55 AM

A full explanation with examples can be viewed here;
http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...heVillages.pdf

Distribution of tee times
Tee times are assigned between midnight and 12:30 a.m. three (3)
days prior to the day of play via the automated tee time system.
As previously discussed, tee times are equitably distributed via
placement points and reservation points. Championship reservation
points and executive reservation points are kept in separate
“accounts” for each resident and they have no bearing on each
other. Placement points take precedence over reservation points.
Groups with lower average placement points will be assigned tee
times first. Here is the definition of each:
Placement Points: A value assigned to each golfer in a tee time
request, based on their status, (i.e.: priority member, priority
guest, resident member, etc.) The entire group’s total is averaged
to create the group’s “placement point average.”

billethkid 03-19-2014 07:12 AM

10 years 2-3 times per week and never not able to get a t time.

John_W 03-19-2014 08:51 AM

You can have more open teetimes on the executive courses if you lowered the green fees on the championship courses. A round of golf at Glenview last Sunday at 12:44pm cost me $50. The same round at the same time of day six weeks from now will be $21. TV is price gouging during the high season, the alternative is to spend about $800 on a priority membership and then that would only knock about $20 off the price of green fees.

I suggested on the survey that green fees should be level all year round at a rate of about $32. For that amount I would play at least twice a week 12 months of the year. The way it is now, I only play once a week during the winter season. Drive by Arnold Palmer anyday of the week right now, and you'll see an empty golf course. Look online, you find open teetimes for Lopez, Palmer and many other championship courses because people can't afford those over-inflated rates.

Bogie Shooter 03-19-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 847889)
You can have more open teetimes on the executive courses if you lowered the green fees on the championship courses. A round of golf at Glenview last Sunday at 12:44pm cost me $50. The same round at the same time of day six weeks from now will be $21. TV is price gouging during the high season, the alternative is to spend about $800 on a priority membership and then that would only knock about $20 off the price of green fees.

I suggested on the survey that green fees should be level all year round at a rate of about $32. For that amount I would play at least twice a week 12 months of the year. The way it is now, I only play once a week during the winter season. Drive by Arnold Palmer anyday of the week right now, and you'll see an empty golf course. Look online, you find open teetimes for Lopez, Palmer and many other championship courses because people can't afford those over-inflated rates.

I guess the choice is yours.

graciegirl 03-19-2014 09:37 AM

Golf is more reasonable in price than any place I have ever lived. My husband plays 18 and I play 9. If you are in a group that regularly plays the executive courses and people in your group play a lot or fail to show, it makes it harder for the whole group to get the time and place that you want.

BUT if you put in for the day not a particular time... and anyplace, you have a far greater chance of getting tee times.

I think this is a very fair way to give everyone a chance to play that wants to play.

I think that we need to realize that those vast spaces of land that make up a golf course have to be maintained when there are a lot of players or fewer. People are in business to make money, not to give things away. There are taxes to be paid and expensive maintenance to be performed year around and people on the payroll to do these things. I can't see why fifty dollars is gouging. Twenty one is very nice when it happens. So...it evens out.