Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   mysafefloridahome.com (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mysafefloridahome-com-10845/)

chacam 12-13-2007 02:45 PM

mysafefloridahome.com

As a result of our home inspection by mysafefloridahome.com we received a check yesterday from Travelers for $412 as a rebate for our '07-'08 premiums. This is a good deal ! ! ! Premium was over $1100, now just over $700.

villages07 12-13-2007 06:46 PM

Re: mysafefloridahome.com

Chacam,

It sounds like they've given you a refund on prepaid premiums not a rebate on past year's premiums, correct???

Someone else used the term rebate, but, my assumption is what's past is past and they will not refund or rebate premiums for prior coverage periods on for time ahead.

Sharie 12-14-2007 02:48 AM

Chacam, what was your wind resistance rating and did you make any of the improvements that was recommended?

chacam 12-14-2007 12:05 PM

No wind resistance figures were included on the report. It was just about mechanical properties of our home. (roof deck attachment, roof to wall attachment, roof geometry, roof covering, gable end bracing, wall construction type, secondary water resistance, opening protection). These 8 catagories only. No recommendations were made.

The premiun refund was because our policy didn't include all of the discounts that we were eligible for.

Indy-Guy 12-14-2007 01:12 PM

I got my check for $451.56 last week. Call it a rebate or overpayment refund the check is cashed.

Glad that I had my home inspection done and proper paper work sent to insurance company. Have been told that future homeowners insurance premiums will be adjusted appropriately. Total process took about 30 days I had my home inspected by an independent inspector.

bamafan 12-14-2007 01:14 PM

Chacam, What kind of home do you have? Concrete Block or frame? How old is your home? Did the report cost anything. I assume you contacted the people through mysafefloridahome. When I insured my home through The Villages Insurance I was told that all these factors had been taken into consideration,as it was new construction. Now I'm not so sure. My premium is $1100 for a Gardenia with no hurricane deductible. Thanks for the info.

Indy-Guy 12-14-2007 01:31 PM

I have insurance through The Villages Insurance. Have a Foxglove courtyard villa (stucco) my insurance company is Travelers. I was told how to do the process and was given the paper work by The Villages insurance. I had paid around $1,100. in October and the refund check was marked as overpayment refund. My villa is not quite 3 years old.

My inspectors name was William Jenness who lives in Lady Lake. His phone number is 352-750-1186 he charged me $100.00. He came out in about 3 days after I called him and I got my check for $451.56 in 30 days. I was told that future homeowners premiums would be adjusted.

chacam 12-14-2007 01:35 PM

We are in a frame ranch about 2.5 years old. It was preowned when we bought. We also assumed that since we insured through The Villages Insurance that all applicable discounts had been applied. But I guess assuming anything isn't the best thing to do.

The inspection was free through mysafefloridahome.com