Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Villages.Net (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/villages-net-10859/)

English Ivy 12-14-2007 12:06 AM

Villages.Net

Anyone having problems with the tee time request/reservations through villages.net? All of a sudden we can't get on with either our desktop or laptop computers. I called them right before they closed at 5pm and was told they weren't aware of any problems.

We can log in with our ID and pin numbers but it won't let us choose any of the options. Comments, suggestions, ideas? Thanks for your input!

villages07 12-14-2007 01:37 AM

Re: Villages.Net

Ivy.... I now have the same problem as you, poor fumar, and cabo; it looks like a software code bug ... when you double click on the yellow triangle that says 'error on page', it says error on line 54, idnum not defined. Somebody musta introduced a bug into the system late today.

I was on about 1pm and was able to make tee times for Sunday.

Does the phone system still work?

rdmills 12-14-2007 01:52 AM

Thanks for the post. I was trying to make a tee time, but like others unable to make the request. I also tried from my desk top and lap top. Thanks again.

Sandy222 12-14-2007 02:00 AM

We can't get into thevillages. net to check our tee time tomorrow morning.....now what???

English Ivy 12-14-2007 02:09 AM

I just entered a request for Monday via the phone system. First time I've ever used it, am spoiled with the internet access. Actually was not too bad.

I left a message on Villages.Net answering machine so they'll hear about the problem first thing in the morning. Maybe others should also leave messages so they know they have a major problem. Their phone number is 753-4040.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy222
We can't get into thevillages. net to check our tee time tomorrow morning.....now what???

Sandy, you may want to try calling the tee time system to get your info for tomorrow. Number is 753-GOLF (4653). Don't know if you'll need a request number to access the info, but it's worth a try.

cabo35 12-14-2007 02:22 AM

Ivy, I took your suggestion to leave a message with Villages.Net. I advised them that if they were aware of the glitch before closing, it was not a good business decision to walk away from the problem at quitting time when so many Village residents depend on it for reservations and confirmations. It is nice to have a telephone backup. Have a good day with long drives and perfect putts.

iaudit 12-14-2007 02:33 AM

Unfortunately, when your the only game in town you don't need good customer service.