Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TOTV MEMBERS GET TOGETHERS (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/totv-members-get-togethers-10947/)

barb1191 12-20-2007 06:26 AM

TOTV MEMBERS GET TOGETHERS

It seems that there are members who want to meet up with members at one time or another. How about setting a time and place and have a get together at some restaurant once a month or the like? The short birthday meeting we had on the spur of the moment was just a few but such a great time was had by all and I'm sure by now, we could manage many more attendees. What say? Who's game?

barb1191

Donna 12-20-2007 12:20 PM

Re: TOTV MEMBERS GET TOGETHERS

Barb..

That is a great idea! I am not there yet but when I am I could meet with all of you..http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...pydancsmil.gifhttp://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...wootsmiley.gif

Barefoot 12-20-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb1191
It seems that there are members who want to meet up with members at one time or another. How about setting a time and place and have a get together at some restaurant once a month or the like? barb1191

Barb, good idea! :bigthumbsup:
Most Clubs seem to meet once monthly at a specific time. I hereby propose that the TOTV Chat Pack 024 meet for lunch at 1 PM on the 3rd Friday each month at Crispers in Southern Trace Plaza. It has both outdoor and indoor seating and is moderately priced. We could have our first Chat Pack lunch January 18, 2008. ;D Understand not everyone could be available every month, but it would be a start.

Whatdayathink?

redwitch 12-20-2007 01:50 PM

And what's wrong with meeting on the historical side? ;D We do have some very good restaurants that certainly could use the business.

We do need to make sure that whatever restaurant is chosen would be amenable to a larger-than-normal group meeting there monthly. Some restaurants really aren't geared towards this type of thing. Some have back rooms just for it.

Get the feeling I'm assuming this get together is a given and will happen?

Wonder if we could get one of the rec centers to let us meet there? :a20: Why do I think that ain't gonna happen?

KathieI 12-20-2007 02:09 PM

Barefoot, I think that's a great idea. Let's plan on it. 040 040

Won't be able to make the 1st meeting :'( :'(

will definitely strive to attend in Feb. :bigthumbsup: 040

Based on the size of members we had in attendance in November,

Crispers should be fine. Maybe we can even get Tal to attend!!! 040

Red, I'll bring the chocolate cake!!! evil6 evil6 Kathie

nONIE 12-20-2007 03:14 PM

YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! 040 Love the idea. Ill be at the February get together for sure. So excited cant wait, :2excited: :hot:

KathieI 12-20-2007 03:22 PM

whatdayathink about combining it as a monthly birthday party for all those who are having a birthday that month.

We did have so much fun celebrating Red's birthday in November, even though I put her in the hospital.... but she still had fun, right Red.... ::) ::)

teddiroxi 12-20-2007 03:46 PM

Luv the idea. THIS IS A GREATTTTTTTTT THING.

KathieI 12-20-2007 04:04 PM

Maybe if we all posts our birthdays on the TOTV calendar, we'd know whose birthday to celebrate each month (not our age, just the date!!)

Barefoot, should we also post the get together dates on the calendar as well? This way we could all shoot for those dates to be in TV? Whatdayathink???

Kath

ejp52 12-20-2007 04:07 PM

Pencils in date on the calander. :bigthumbsup: :clap2: :clap2: :hot:

KathieI 12-20-2007 04:26 PM

Eddie, did you pencil in your birthday or the meetings???

Thanks for helping Red yesterday. That was very nice. Kath

ejp52 12-20-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI
Eddie, did you pencil in your birthday or the meetings???

Thanks for helping Red yesterday. That was very nice. Kath

I penciled the get togethers on my home calender,and my bday is already on the TOTV calender.
Was my pleasure to help Red. ;D

Barefoot 12-20-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI
Maybe if we all posts our birthdays on the TOTV calendar, we'd know whose birthday to celebrate each month (not our age, just the date!!)
Barefoot, should we also post the get together dates on the calendar as well? This way we could all shoot for those dates to be in TV? Whatdayathink??? Kath

Kath, you are right that turnout may not be large at first, (based on our last two coffee dates). So Crispers should work for Chat Pack meetings. 024 (love that smilie). Crispers seems to have quite a bit of seating inside and out. If we do it at 1 PM the lunch crowd should have dissipated. It is on 466 which should be fairly central for the southern and northern folks.

Kath, yes, by all means, you should post the get-together dates on the calendar. Great idea. I didn't even know there was a TOTV calendar which is strange as I've spent 5 days and 8 hours on this website (I hate to even think about all the productive things I could have achieved in that time!!)
Celebrating birthdays, I don't do that anymore, I just celebrate every day that I'm glad to be alive. 040 But sure, if people want to post their birthdays, why not?

Looking forward to meeting new friends on January 18 and saying hi to people I've met. Kathie, Nonie and Donna, I miss you all, see you in February! ;D ;D

cfritz001 12-20-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Kath, you are right that turnout may not be large at first, (based on our last two coffee dates). So Crispers should work for Chat Pack meetings. 024 (love that smilie). Crispers seems to have quite a bit of seating inside and out. If we do it at 1 PM the lunch crowd should have dissipated. It is on 466 which should be fairly central for the southern and northern folks.

Kath, yes, by all means, you should post the get-together dates on the calendar. Great idea. I didn't even know there was a TOTV calendar which is strange as I've spent 5 days and 8 hours on this website (I hate to even think about all the productive things I could have achieved in that time!!)
Celebrating birthdays, I don't do that anymore, I just celebrate every day that I'm glad to be alive. 040 But sure, if people want to post their birthdays, why not?

Looking forward to meeting new friends on January 18 and saying hi to people I've met. Kathie, Nonie and Donna, I miss you all, see you in February! ;D ;D

:agree:

I wont be there in January but moving in February - would like to join in if that's okay

KathieI 12-20-2007 05:38 PM

Good idea Barefoot. If the crowd gets bigger than we'll look for another place. But at first, Crisper's is a good starting joint. Since we know that Tal goes to Crispers, maybe we could convince him to come along.!!!!

I tried to post the first meeting on the calendar, but wasn't sure I was doing it correctly, so if anyone knows the correct way, I'd love to have some suggestions. Know what you mean about spending too much time on this puter. all my chores are so backlogged. Thanks goodness I'm retired, or I'd get fired...

Wish I could be there in Jan., but looks more and more like Feb, is do-able. See you then, Love Kath