Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Change in Garbage/Recycling Pickup Plans (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/change-garbage-recycling-pickup-plans-10948/)

redwitch 12-20-2007 01:45 PM

Change in Garbage/Recycling Pickup Plans

According to the Daily Sun today, there will still be twice weekly pickup of regular garbage on top of the grass and recycling pickup. Amazing how things can change when people speak up, isn't it?

Barefoot 12-20-2007 01:50 PM

Re: Change in Garbage/Recycling Pickup Plans

Twice weekly garbage pick-up will continue!! :bigthumbsup:
I think that will make the Recycling proposal much more palatable.

Muncle 12-20-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch
According to the Daily Sun today, there will still be twice weekly pickup of regular garbage on top of the grass and recycling pickup. Amazing how things can change when people speak up, isn't it?

:bigthumbsup: Much more palatable, if one can use that word when speaking of garbage. Now to see what the cost of recycling is. . .

Unfortunately, the whole recycling situation is characteristic of many actions in TV. A potential problem or issue arises. :o Before any action can take place, rumors are rife of what can be done, should be done, will probably be done. ??? Often news reports come out with partial information or Alan Greenspan-like pronouncements that anyone can interpret any way they like. We panic! :yikes: Then the facts are published and all is copacetic. :#1: It really would be interesting to see, in retrospect, what the true situation was during various stages of the evolution of the recycling program.

redwitch 12-20-2007 03:43 PM

From what I can tell, nothing is cast in stone yet. But I think the once-a-week pickup for regular trash was originally posted in the Daily Sun and now the twice-a-week is from the same source. I'll be much more interested in what the final outcome will be.

Hope2b 12-20-2007 03:46 PM

My husband and I don't think much of recycling but after reading the original report in the Daily Sun we felt it was not all that bad. We read--but it seems others did not--that regular pick up would remain the same with once a week recycle. The $2.00 fee was not a good thing but using clear bags instead of plastic bins sounded good to us. We were confused when we started hearing all the B--ching going on about one day a week pick up.

Barefoot 12-20-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muncle
:bigthumbsup: Much more palatable, if one can use that word when speaking of garbage. Now to see what the cost of recycling is. . .
Unfortunately, the whole recycling situation is characteristic of many actions in TV. A potential problem or issue arises. :o Before any action can take place, rumors are rife of what can be done, should be done, will probably be done. ??? Often news reports come out with partial information or Alan Greenspan-like pronouncements that anyone can interpret any way they like. We panic! :yikes: Then the facts are published and all is copacetic. :#1: It really would be interesting to see, in retrospect, what the true situation was during various stages of the evolution of the recycling program.

:agree: We rarely have the opportunity to provide input during the planning process so we tend to overeact when we read (sometimes misleading) information in the news.