Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New Years Eve (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-years-eve-10981/)

Ruby 12-22-2007 04:04 AM

New Years Eve

Does anyone know of restaurants in TV that will be serving dinners for New Years Eve? I remember seeing some ads in The Daily Sun a while ago but didn't cut out the ads. Has anyone had New Years Eve dining experiences in the past at the restaurants? How was the service, the prices? Are there any places that will be open and celebrating at midnight? Are there any parties available to Villagers if you don't belong to a club? Thanks for any information.

aln 12-22-2007 10:20 PM

Re: New Years Eve

I can't believe no one has given an answer to this in 15 hours. Everybody must be shopping!
Lots of non-club activities.
I know Katie Bells is having something as well as the bowling alleys (non-dinner).
If it's just a couple of people 2-6, try Bourbon St. We just went there Wednesday and had a very good dinner.
Just remember, most things in NYE are OVER-PRICED & under-valued.

travelstiles 12-22-2007 11:55 PM

We are also looking for info on what's going on. We emailed one of the restaurants that was advertising for NYE but didn't hear back. We'll be arriving in The Villages on 12/28, and will probably just call around then to see what's up.

Barefoot 12-24-2007 05:23 AM

I called a few restaurants today to try to make dinner reservations for New Year's Eve.
Restaurants seem to be open until around 10PM.

I'm wondering .. where do people go at midnight to celebrate the new year?

I guess skating on Lake Sumter is out.

Bryant 12-24-2007 08:14 PM

I know that The Outback is open 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Ruby Tuesday's stops serving at 6 p.m.

chuckster 12-25-2007 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot at last
I called a few restaurants today to try to make dinner reservations for New Year's Eve.
Restaurants seem to be open until around 10PM.

I'm wondering .. where do people go at midnight to celebrate the new year?

I guess skating on Lake Sumter is out.

Still got my old Bauers............Meet you at Lake Sumter when it freezes over........... ;D

chelsea24 12-25-2007 04:52 AM

A couple of the country clubs were advertising. La Haceinda was one. Even served a champagne toast and contentinal breakfast. Also Marguarita Republic. we've been looking around also. Those were the 2 I found.