Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where is your family located? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-your-family-located-10993/)

Talk Host 12-23-2007 09:15 PM

Where is your family located?

Our daughter and her family are in Syracuse. We are there now for Christmas. Where is your familiy this holiday.

Hope2b 12-23-2007 10:25 PM

Re: Where is your family located?

Will be at my house. One son lives in Oviedo with his wife and other son lives at
Recreation Plantation But plans on moving to Orlando as soon as he can sell his place. Both moved to this area before we did.

redwitch 12-23-2007 10:25 PM

My immediate family is my daughter and she is with me. My father died when he was 36, my mother when she was 69, my brother 37.

I just recently found out some aunts and an uncle in their 80s are alive and kickin in Kentucky. I'd been trying to find them for over 20 years (or at least their kids) and thought they were long dead. Did see them in April. Hope to see them again when the snow is long gone from Kentucky.

So, plan to spend a quiet, loving Christmas with Jess and a lot of time on the phone.

gowens1 12-23-2007 10:27 PM

Right now they are all in my living room. Because of different work schedules today is Christmas.

swrinfla 12-23-2007 10:43 PM

I have a daughter outside of Denver, another outside of St. Louis. But, I'm here because I don't "do" snowy places anymore ;D

Not to fret, my brother and his wife, their daughter and her husband and his mother (all of whom live outside TV) are coming to my house for Xmas Eve dinner, then we gather at my niece's place on Xmas Day for food, fun and games!

Besides, my neighbors wouldn't let me be alone, 'cause they're Villages people!

:joke:

another Linda 12-23-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host
Our daughter and her family are in Syracuse. We are there now for Christmas. Where is your familiy this holiday.

Talk Host, welcome to Syracuse. And I can't even say Sybericuse today because it is raining of all things. This is the first year in a long time that my 4 kids and their families won't be here for Christmas because we are leaving for Florida. No, not TV but Bradenton to spend Christmas with our daughter, her husband, and our brand new grandson (born Thursday, tipped the scales at 10-6!).

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays whatever you celebrate.

nONIE 12-23-2007 11:31 PM

Congratulations another Linda, Wow big baby hu? You are gonna have so much fun with him.

My son Daughter in law and 3 grandkids live about 5 minutes from us here in upstate N.Y. This can be a good thing and a not so good thing but in any case it is what it is. My daughter lives in Mt. Dora, only about a 25 minute drive from the villages. Her boyfriend called us today to tell us hes going to propose to her on Christmas morning and to get our blessings. We were both in tears, shes waited 39 years to find the Right guy. We were
soooooo happy for them both. Mabe next year we will be in TV for Christmas and we can spend Christmas with my daughter and new son-in law.

redwitch 12-23-2007 11:57 PM

Wow! Linda and Nonie, you guys are going to have very special Christmases. Congrats on the new grandson -- that is a seriously BIG boy. And, Nonie, how special that your future SIL called to ask your permission this day and age and how wonderful to get an engagement ring for Christmas.

rdkent 12-24-2007 02:52 PM

We're spending Christmas in Columbia, MO with our daughter and 2 granddaughters. They are right now on the road from the Kansas City airport after spending a week in London with my son-in-law. He's with the UN police force in Kosovo for a year. Our son, his wife and 2 grandsons live in Panama City, FL. We'll go see them in a couple of months.