Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   equestrian center (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/equestrian-center-11000/)

t fields 12-24-2007 04:38 PM

equestrian center

the villages has everything but an equestrian center, it would be nice to have one for those who would like to ride and stable a horse, there is a polo field, why not have this also.

REDCART 12-24-2007 05:55 PM

Re: equestrian center

Since Central Florida has so many horse farms, I can't believe that there's no place to ride within a half-hour drive.

Barefoot 12-26-2007 03:12 AM

Re: equestrian center

I've been thinking of part boarding a horse in Florida since my horse is back in Canada. lovehorse I think I noticed a riding stable on 466A. Does anyone have any more info on stables?

mbsugie 04-30-2014 11:23 PM

I second that!! I am in the process of moving to the Villages and am an avid rider...I show frequently and ride higher level jumpers. I am having difficulty finding a close show barn that follows the A/AA rated shows. Help!!

Villageshooter 05-01-2014 01:00 AM

horse will love it here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 97015)
I've been thinking of part boarding a horse in Florida since my horse is back in Canada. lovehorse I think I noticed a riding stable on 466A. Does anyone have any more info on stables?

horse will love it here! he can go in the restaurants with you , u can order carrots for him!

Patty55 05-01-2014 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbsugie (Post 871111)
I second that!! I am in the process of moving to the Villages and am an avid rider...I show frequently and ride higher level jumpers. I am having difficulty finding a close show barn that follows the A/AA rated shows. Help!!

A lot of the BNT's do the HITS show over the winter.

jblum315 05-01-2014 05:12 AM

Call D'anne for riding information. Her number is 352-578-4947

kittygilchrist 05-01-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gryoung (Post 96901)
Since Central Florida has so many horse farms, I can't believe that there's no place to ride within a half-hour drive.

Way better than that...a few miles from Spanish Springs, so much more than you can imagine and worth a visit even for non equestrians..
The Grand Oaks Resort - Home of the Florida Carriage Museum

babbs455 05-01-2014 06:26 AM

I have to agree with you Kitty, the grand oaks is right down the road from us, we used to ride our horses out there..it's a great place riding or walking!!!

quirky3 05-01-2014 06:30 AM

I really thought someone would have said it by now......if you ride your horse in TV, please bring GIANT plastic bags with you!:1rotfl:

dnobles 05-01-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t fields (Post 96891)
the villages has everything but an equestrian center, it would be nice to have one for those who would like to ride and stable a horse, there is a polo field, why not have this also.

There's a beautiful barn in Ocala Does all the big shows Kimberden Dennis Mitchell partners in Kimberden has ridden and shown all his life. It's a little distance but the care and facility are great

billethkid 05-01-2014 08:15 AM

and for those who would like an equestrian center how much additional amenity fees are you willing to pay each month....it will be a big number since those of us (the majority) would not allow being assessed one dime toward it.

If the the developer has not put one in over the last 40 years it is obvious it is not an amenity for the good of the masses to attract them to move here.

Even if private investors were to consider it, the price of property in and around TV and the resultant insufficient return on investment would not allow such a facility to be built.

Central FL is one of the biggest horse country areas around....and like some of the things we all would like to have at our elbow......horse aficcianados will have to go off property.....it won't be far.

Good luck.

rdhdleo 05-01-2014 09:32 AM

There are many boarding and riding facilities in the area, you're in horse country! ;) One boarding facility I know of is Delightful Acres. Owner is very knowledgable and runs a nice small stable. Plus you can purchase fresh eggs and homemade cheeses form her!

Horse Boarding, Eggs, Summerfield FL, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Mini Horses

perkfarm 05-01-2014 10:34 AM

I agree... there may be a lot of farms within a short drive, but how nice it would be to jump in your golf cart and go visit your horse. If I could have a wish list, it would be located near the polo fields and have a covered arena....

dnobles 05-01-2014 03:17 PM

Let me know when you move here I too showed in the A shows and would like to meet someone with the same interest I went to HITS every week. Some of my NY friends came down to show It would be nice to have someone to go to shows with My husband has no interest. That's what I miss the most If I was in NY I'd be at Saratoga now and Saugerties HITS