Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Addiction to TOTV? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/addiction-totv-11074/)

KathieI 12-30-2007 12:12 AM

Addiction to TOTV?

How bad is your addiction to TOTV??

I'll give you my view, after 9 days, 10 hours and 41 minutes:

There is no food in this house - husband has broken into the "big one" earthquake storage of food and water

The bills are piling up (thank Goodness some bills are on auto pmt electronically)

No drinking water in this house (in L.A. you can't drink tap water)

Haven't had fresh air in days

Behind on house cleaning and dishes piling up in sink

Haven't used the washing machine in 9 days, 10 hours, 41 min.

Do ya think I'm in trouble??? Anyone have a support group to help me!!
Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Your TOTV friend, Kathie

punkpup 12-30-2007 12:26 AM

Re: Addiction to TOTV?

Hahahahahaha 1rnfl

We admitted we were powerless over TOTV - that our lives had become unmanageable.

Meeting times will be posted on the web site soon.

beady 12-30-2007 01:51 AM

Kath, you are hilarious. 1rnfl
Now, I will not feel guilty when I spend an hour or 2 or 3 on TOTV. I keep reminding myself that the information shared is very valuable and I can't afford to miss a thing.

nONIE 12-30-2007 04:20 AM

I am so relieved to hear there are others that share my addictive condition. I was really getting concerned and so is my family! count me in on the support group! ::)

KathieI 12-30-2007 04:40 AM

Not that I want to "pat" myself on my back, but this is the kind of humor we should be having on TOTV. We are not curing cancer or solving world problems, this is fun folks and lets have it. And.... along the way, exchange information in a kind, friendly manner without all the below the belt punches. Those who don't want to read something, then DON'T read it. If you do, than welcome. Lighten up!

Life's too short and then you die.

Kath

see I can be serious and mad too!!

redwitch 12-30-2007 04:40 AM

Hi, my name is Red. I am a TOTV addict. I have been away from this site for 5 hours 37 minutes. I relapsed this evening! Can anyone save me from myself?

samhass 12-30-2007 04:44 AM

You'll be fine, Red. Not all addictions are bad for you!!

Hyacinth Bucket 12-30-2007 05:10 AM

Hi Red, perhaps we should start a support group.

Kathie, just made the top 10 of TOTV.

Hyacinth Bucket

kregski 12-30-2007 10:15 AM

Yes. I to am an addict. I read the entire thread on dog poop.

nhsnowbird 12-30-2007 02:18 PM

My family thinks I'm crazy and I think I know everyone on TOTV ... my best friends. I know I have a problem!

KathieI 12-30-2007 03:09 PM

Yes, I'm afraid we do need a support group. This is frightening :yikes:

Open my eyes at 6:45, make coffee, give dogs their crackers, and in 15 min. on TOTV to see whas happenin'.... yes, I think I need a straight jacket, one that covers my hands so I can't type. Looks like we'll have a large group.

Shall we start electing a group leader? Wanna post nominees??

Morning, Kathie

nONIE 12-30-2007 04:18 PM

Kath, there is no question who our group ficilatator will be!!!! Can ya guess? 024

REDCART 12-30-2007 04:38 PM

I'd be willing to bet that our good buddy Oshunluva had a similar addiction and that he's made a New Year's resolution to stay away, and get some work done. I'm considering it but until 1/02, I stick around and help TalkHost reach his December goal. George

KathieI 12-30-2007 04:44 PM

Me too, Gary. My new years resolution will be to cut down time on TOTV and get my chores done. But in the meantime, will stay on to break records.

Nonie, no, who should be the facilitator? Me, no, no time, I'm on TOTV too much.

Later, Kath

KathieI 12-30-2007 04:44 PM

Sorry meant George.