Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   Meet n Greet Unclub Party at Sandra's May 10 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/meet-n-greet-unclub-party-sandras-may-10-a-111131/)

kittygilchrist 04-11-2014 09:49 PM

Meet n Greet Unclub Party at Sandra's May 10

Sandra gave me a date to tell y'all she's having a North Carolina BBQ party. I'm so happy! Sandra has been in on the unclub shenanigans from the start of this group. Give a hoot and holler that you want to come to retiredsfw and mark your calendar for May 10!

RETIREDSFW 04-13-2014 05:49 PM

Thanks Kitty for posting this. I have already started making my list of things to do. One is to find a big strong man to help me do a few things the day before the party. Maybe someone will volunteer. Lol

kittygilchrist 04-13-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RETIREDSFW (Post 861593)
Thanks Kitty for posting this. I have already started making my list of things to do. One is to find a big strong man to help me do a few things the day before the party. Maybe someone will volunteer. Lol

What do you need done, give us a clue, we've got great men as our friends. These guys have been all over the place helping us poor helpless girls.

RETIREDSFW 04-14-2014 05:42 PM

Open & extend dinning room table & move treadmill to bedroom. All light weigh, but it takes two to do this. Maybe i can get my sister's boyfriend to do this if he gets back from virginia in time.

2BNTV 04-14-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RETIREDSFW (Post 862145)
Open & extend dinning room table & move treadmill to bedroom. All light weigh, but it takes two to do this. Maybe i can get my sister's boyfriend to do this if he gets back from virginia in time.

I'll volunteer!!! What time on May 9th?

I need to give you tickets to the Red Skelton Show!!!!

Joe

kittygilchrist 04-14-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 862155)
I'll volunteer!!! What time on May 9th?

I need to give you tickets to the Red Skelton Show!!!!

Joe

2good2Btrue! Go Joe!:BigApplause:

RETIREDSFW 04-14-2014 09:41 PM

Thanks Joe. Anytime will be ok. My schedule is open that day. If you want a time, how about 1:00. If something comes up for you, we can reschedule. Again many thanks Joe.
You are my hero.

maybe 04-16-2014 04:02 PM

What time on May 10? The usual 6 PM?

RETIREDSFW 04-16-2014 04:28 PM

6:00 pm will be fine.

RETIREDSFW 04-23-2014 10:16 PM

I plan to have Eastern North Carolina BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw and sweet tea. If you want to bring something, bring a vegetable, salad, dessert or whatever you would like to bring. I know that everyone will not like BBQ.
My house faces the side of two houses which are back to back. I suggest you park on the other side of my street. I will probably move my car there also so we can use the garage in case it should rain. Looking forward to seeing old single friends & meeting new single friends.
Sandra

maybe 04-24-2014 09:35 AM

I had thought I'd like the BBQ until you said not everyone will like it! This is what Wikipedia says about it:

Eastern-style barbecue is a whole-hog style of barbecue, often said to use "every part of the hog except the squeal".[5] Eastern-style sauce is vinegar- and pepper-based, with no tomato

Is that right? I assume it means hot peppers, right?

I'll be there and will enjoy it regardless.

Bill

RETIREDSFW 04-24-2014 02:31 PM

Eastern N. C. BBQ is vinegar base with 1 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes and 1 tbsp cayenne pepper to 2 cups of vinegar etc on two 6 lbs Boston butts. I don't like hot favored food and this is not, but not everybody likes BBQ.
Sorry but I don't have a pig cooker so I can't use every part of the hog except the squeal.
Sandra

kittygilchrist 04-24-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybe (Post 867342)
I had thought I'd like the BBQ until you said not everyone will like it! This is what Wikipedia says about it:

Eastern-style barbecue is a whole-hog style of barbecue, often said to use "every part of the hog except the squeal".[5] Eastern-style sauce is vinegar- and pepper-based, with no tomato

Is that right? I assume it means hot peppers, right?

I'll be there and will enjoy it regardless.

Bill

more than you want to know about etymology: I stopped at the word "syphilis"
The History of Barbecue

kittygilchrist 04-24-2014 03:44 PM

Sandra, did you know about all these kinds of NC BBQ. wow!
NCBBQ.COM - Article

RETIREDSFW 04-24-2014 06:50 PM

I am from Eastern North Carolina & Parker's BBQ in Wilson, NC is the best, but since I can't afford to have it shipped here I recently found an excellent recipe which I will be happy to share with anyone. In fact, I had a BBQ sandwich tonight. Bill, stop by tomorrow about 1:00 for lunch & I will make you a sandwich to see if you like it. If not, I'm sure there will be plenty to eat if it is like all the other parties.
Kitty, I have had Western NC BBQ & it is quite different from the Eastern NC.
SFW