Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Who would you like to meet? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/who-would-you-like-meet-11114/)

redwitch 12-31-2007 08:57 PM

Who would you like to meet?

If you could meet any person (dead or alive) and just sit and talk with them for an hour, who would it be?

Taltarzac 12-31-2007 09:10 PM

Re: Who would you like to meet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by English
Hands down -- Jesus

No human being comes to mind.

Would he not already know what you are thinking as well as what you are going to say and everything you have ever thought too?

redwitch 12-31-2007 09:11 PM

My pick would be da Vinci. His mind has always fascinated me. I would love to hear his viewpoints on any subject.

nONIE 12-31-2007 09:14 PM

Very thought provoking topic Red!

I have to agree with English, :agree:

Bella 12-31-2007 09:14 PM

Nostradamus

Taltarzac 12-31-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch
If you could meet any person (dead or alive) and just sit and talk with them for an hour, who would it be?

I would like to find out what a Founding Father thinks of the current state of affairs in the United States. Am not sure which one I would like to hear from though. Benjamin Franklin maybe or Thomas Jefferson.

nONIE 12-31-2007 09:27 PM

Barb,

Words cannot express how sorry I am. And yes, so completely understandable. I hope you get that opportunity whether it be in a dream or elsewhere. They are always in our hearts for sure.

eujaynia 12-31-2007 09:28 PM

I would pick ancestors that imigrated to the U.S. Thought provoking topic. Like our founding fathers, I'm sure they'd have a thing or two to say about today's society. ;D

Bubbalarry 12-31-2007 09:36 PM

The lottery balls the day before they are seen in the tray to know which ones they are on a multimillion dollar lottery.

I really want to send some money to charity to avoid some of these taxes that Uncle Sam imposes on us.

040 040 040 :clap2: :clap2:

The Great Fumar 01-06-2008 03:27 AM

DAN AYKROID

Muncle 01-06-2008 06:52 AM

Reminds me of a television show of the late 70's, Meeting of the Minds. Steve Allen put it together and was host. He would have 3 or 4 guests each week in a roundtable discussion of all topics imaginable. The catch was that his guests would be historical figures such as Michaelangelo, Ben Franklin, Florence Nightengale, Genghis Khan, Gandhi, and Cromwell. Okay, they would be actors portraying those people, as much in character as possible. And the script tried to quote them as closely as they could. It was a hoot to see Attila the Hun and Emily Dickinson interacting.

I guess one of my choices for a dinner companion would be Steve Allen.

Barefoot 01-06-2008 11:16 AM

My mother - I have so many questions I should have asked her when she was alive.

bestmickey 01-06-2008 10:08 PM

Abraham Lincoln or Walt Disney.

What can I say? I have varied interests.
;D

JohnZ 01-06-2008 11:35 PM

Are we limited to one person? Tal, I'd pick Ben Franklin as my first choice also. Thomas Edison would be my second.

nhsnowbird 01-07-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb1191
This may sound maudlin to you, however, not intended. I would give anything to meet with my "little Angel." My son, who passed away suddenly at five yrs old. Time heals but he is always in my heart. Often wonder what he would be like now.

barb1191

Barb, what a lovely thought. I know they are always with us in our heart. You have my deepest sympathy and I'm sure your "Little Angel" is watching over you.