Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Waiting to make the move...and waiting...and waiting! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/waiting-make-move-waiting-waiting-11118/)

Ouida 12-31-2007 09:46 PM

Waiting to make the move...and waiting...and waiting!

We now live in Fayetteille, NC, area and we have had our house on the market since June '07. We spent two months last summer in TV and loved it. We definitely plan to move there as soon as our home sells here. We're wondering how many other people are in the same boat (you know, misery loves company). It seems that our dream will never come true!

Bella 12-31-2007 10:00 PM

Re: Waiting to make the move...and waiting...and waiting!

You have company...we are so anxious to sell and move, it's all I think about...

redwitch 12-31-2007 10:01 PM

Sadly, many are. There was a thread about burying St. Joseph (upsidedown) in your yard. This is supposed to help you sell your home quicker. Just be sure and dig him up once your home sells.

Hey, can't hurt and might help, right?

gfmucci 12-31-2007 10:02 PM

We "bit the bullet" on our selling price. *Since I believed the sellers real estate market was going to be no better in 2008 than over the past several months, and maybe worse :o , we priced "right" (translated: lower than what we would have liked) and sold.

That said, the downside is I have to work a few more months (like many of us) to make up for the lower proceeds from our sale. *At the same time, no longer having a home we have to sell (we will be renting), we are now much more flexible as to when we can respond to great prices or incentives for a new home in The Villages. *I expect July - September to be "prime time" to buy.

bestmickey 12-31-2007 10:28 PM

gfmucci, I sure hope you're right about "prime time". :bigthumbsup: My current plan is to visit TV in July on a home shopping trip, and to relocate the end of August!

schotzyb 12-31-2007 11:38 PM

Listed our place in Shelby,NC(40 miles from Charlotte) in July 07 and it sold in Nov.07. We definitely sold for less than desired but as stated earlier by another poster, the market's future was not very bright and we could not see dragging it out hoping the market would turn around faster than anticipated. Currently renting from a friend here in NC until the end of March since our place in TV is rented for Jan., Feb., and March. Will be there full time in April.

Barefoot 01-01-2008 03:27 PM

Ouida

Real Estate 101 .. any house will sell if properly priced. Yes, it may sell for less than you would like, but that is market value.

The real estate market is currently depressed in the Villages and you'll be able to take advantage of reduced prices here. There are some great bargains right now. Plus you'll be able to get on with enjoying the sunshine! Go for it!

Peggy D 01-01-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella
You have company...we are so anxious to sell and move, it's all I think about...

ditto
:(

nanci2539 01-01-2008 08:09 PM

I put my home on the market the first week in December to take advantage of transfers/relocation.. Our agent told us that the market is flooded but it becomes overloaded once the spring sets in because that's when most people list. Agents can only show so many homes in a day! I had two showings the week it was listed. Both couples loved my home but it's irrelevant as I still own it!

Now that the holidays are over, I hope it picks up again because like most of you, I can't wait for this part to be over so we can move to TV.

ouma1938 01-01-2008 08:56 PM

We have been making a few changes and a little upgrading before we put the house on the market. We should be ready to list it by mid-January. I am fully prepared to list it at today's fair market value in the hopes of moving it quickly. Our area here is fast growing into a retirement community for people wanting to have four seasons but no snow. So its not as depressed as other areas. Still its a gamble. But the bottom line is we want to move to TV as soon as we can so are prepared to take a hit on the price here and hopefully take advantage of a better price in TV. And for insurance, I'm planning on letting St. Joseph spend a little time upside down in my garden!

F16 1UB 01-01-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouida
We now live in Fayetteille, NC, area and we have had our house on the market since June '07. We spent two months last summer in TV and loved it. We definitely plan to move there as soon as our home sells here. We're wondering how many other people are in the same boat (you know, misery loves company). It seems that our dream will never come true!

Ouida,

Many of us are in the same boat. We too have a house listed since June 07 and haven't been to TV in 12 months. In a previous life I had a boss tell me "Ya wanna see time fly? Go out and charge something 90 days same as cash." Our houses will sell. Probably 14-18% less than the asking price but.....

Hope to meet you in the buyers closing room in TV.

golfnut 01-01-2008 09:41 PM

If you end up selling up north (or wherever you are) for $30,000 - $50,000 less than you might have gotten a couple years ago, but you are able to get a reduced price on a home in TV for roughly the same amount, net/net you are not giving up much, if you get any offer even close to what you're asking, think about it, that's my 2 cents!

conn8757 01-01-2008 09:52 PM

Our house went off the market yesterday after being on for 11 months, reducing it $50,000 and burying St. Joseph. We will try again in April or May.

gfmucci 01-02-2008 12:42 AM

In some parts of the country, the price needs to come down 30% or more, depending on how fast it went up in 2004-2005. If you bought more than 6 or 7 years ago, you'll probably be ok with that. You just can't expect anywhere near 2005 prices.

barbrector 01-04-2008 06:32 PM

Our house has been on the market since July. We are anxiously waiting to move to TV also....Looks like there will be alot of "newbies" soon :-)