Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Driving range (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/driving-range-11180/)

Bubbalarry 01-03-2008 09:31 PM

Driving range

Hey whatever happened to the Spanish Spgs driving range.? I haven't been by that way for a couple years until today and noticed it's no more.

Do they have another place we can go?

The Great Fumar 01-03-2008 09:56 PM

Re: Driving range

YUP
ROLLING ACRES RD. 1 MILE SOUTH OF TARGET MALL..........also word is their building one near 466 ...

villages07 01-03-2008 10:27 PM

On 'the reservation', there are driving ranges at Palmer, Glenview, and Lopez. One to open in late Jan/early Feb at Havana off of 466A.

Off the reservation, 2 ranges within a quarter mile of each other: Lady Lake Driving range on Rolling Acres Rd just North of 466 and Tree Tops (a TOTV sponsor) just south of 466. Treetops stays open later than the others, I believe.

JohnZ 01-04-2008 12:43 AM

Tree Tops is pretty good.....better value on a large bucket....or jumbo if you can muster the stamina to hit 'em all. Posted yardages appear to be pretty accurate. It's also lighted and has a sand practice area. :bigthumbsup:

bamafan 01-04-2008 02:11 AM

Heard about a new range near Havana as 07 related. Supposed to open the end of January, and be located south of 466A. I went looking for it or signs of construction, and could not find anything on Morse or Buena Vista south of 466A. I did not get down Buena Vista, as their were signs concerning tresspassing and felony charges. Morse south of 466A was not paved or viable. Sure would be nice to have a range on the southern end.

Bubbalarry 01-04-2008 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bama
Heard about a new range near Havana as 07 related. Supposed to open the end of January, and be located south of 466A. I went looking for it or signs of construction, and could not find anything on Morse or Buena Vista south of 466A. I did not get down Buena Vista, as their were signs concerning tresspassing and felony charges. Morse south of 466A was not paved or viable. Sure would be nice to have a range on the southern end.

Thanks to everyone for there input. Havana area would be perfect since its my backyard.

As for Rolling Acres can't believe I missed that one as I drive by it almost daily when I visit TV.

The Great Fumar 01-04-2008 02:50 AM

BUBBALARRY
Sorry I didn't mention the Palmer range , but you see I use the Nancy lopez range and if you were at Palmer , you might be a little close for safety sake ........ ;D ;D ;D ;D

the long fumar

fraurauch 01-04-2008 12:27 PM

There is also a driving range at Glenview.

Ouida 01-10-2008 09:26 PM

My husband and I were visiting TV for 2 months last summer and spoke to someone in TV golf course main office who told us that a new driving range was proposed south of 466A. It would be a lighted facility and open at night. Don't know when that will open, however.

bamafan 01-10-2008 10:47 PM

Duh!

Indy-Guy 01-11-2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

The cart path to the tunnel and the driving range is just East of the Colony Cottage sport pool.

bamafan 01-11-2008 04:16 AM

Indy, Went through the tunnel, and could not find anything. Went down the cart path going down 466A and did not see anything. Like others a range sure would be nice expecially if it is open at nite. I was told the range would open the end of Jan 08. Thanks.

Hope2b 01-11-2008 11:02 AM

Golf pro at the Golf Academy says it (new one)is an aqua range so look for water.

villages07 01-11-2008 01:49 PM

Bama,

I rode down there the other day....as you cross over 466A from Colony Plaza tunnel, and you are facing South, there is an area just to your left that is being developed...saw them framing out a small building. I believe this will be the driving range.

bamafan 01-13-2008 02:40 AM

07 Thanks. I did not look to the left. Noticed that the road ended so I went right. Nice to know something is happening. I was told somewhere that range would open Jan 28. Hope this is correct. Will be moved in completely on Feb 2nd. Hitting golf balls on Feb 3rd.

lm01 01-13-2008 02:46 AM

I heard that they have placed one just outside of Mr Morris's office window ;D Just Kidding folks

Bubbalarry 01-13-2008 04:18 AM

Little lost on this tunnel and RT 466A. I know how to get to Havana from Hadley Village and all, but rather going thru tunnel are you saying to stay straight down to Publix area and Colony Village Center rather then going thru tunnel which turns right and puts you at Havanna temp club house. Does't this same tunnel if you turn left go down to RT 466A?

Where does it cross.

Can someone post directions from Hadley Village area.

villages07 01-13-2008 01:26 PM

Bubba,

As you go South on cart path past Havana clubhouse you next come upon a tunnel that goes under Morse and keeps taking you south on Morse towards Colony cottage. Stay on the cart path south and follow the curve to the left that takes you in front of Colony Cottage. At the end of the cart path you are dumped onto the road that leads to Publix. Turn left on this road...just past the Colony Cottage pool, you'll see a cart path to your right. This cart path takes you to a tunnel that goes under 466A.

If you want to do a scenic loop, take this tunnel under 466a, then turn right on the other side of 466a...follow the path west on 466a; after a mile or so you'll encounter another tunnel under 466a.....take this and follow the cart path. It'll take you along Turtle Mound golf course and take you to Buena Vista Blvd; Follow BV for awhile and take the first tunnel opportunity on your right to go under BV and come up on Odell Circle at the Duval Gate...follow O'dell and it'll lead you back to the Havana Clubhouse.

Bubbalarry 01-14-2008 04:49 PM

Thanks all I did drive my car yesterday tp pick up loads of goodies for the Football games and saw the tunnel leading under 466A.

Now looking from 466A, unless they plan on working day and night I don't think they will meet the end of Jan delivery date.

Anyway its good to know that less than a mile away a golf range will be around that my wife and I can use.

bamafan 01-14-2008 07:00 PM

Bubba, At least we will have a range close by. Soon I hope. How far along did things look Thanks Bama

Bubbalarry 01-15-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Bubba, At least we will have a range close by. Soon I hope. How far along did things look Thanks Bama

There still in NJ waiting to come and start. Only kidding not far at all.

trichard 05-25-2009 09:29 AM

Lady Lake Driving Range on Rolling Acres

Does anyone know the price of a bucket of golf balls at Lady Lake Driving Range and their hours? Thanks

downeaster 05-25-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trichard (Post 205517)
Does anyone know the price of a bucket of golf balls at Lady Lake Driving Range and their hours? Thanks

There are two ranges in Lady Lake that I know of.

Tree Tops, Rolling Acres Road south of 466. Haven't been there in a while. A Little pricey for me and not golf cart accessible.

Lions Club at the Lady Lake Sports Complex. Golf cart accessible. Not the greatest golf balls. More balls for the buck.

Ive told you everything but the price and that I don't remember. But knowing the price per bucket is not much help unless you know how big the bucket is.
I go there and I am a cheapskate so it couldn't be too bad.

Midge538 05-25-2009 08:11 PM

Lion's Lady Lake Range = $4.00. Plenty of balls but mats only. Able to work on swing mechanics but balls would not give a reliable distance indication.

dolpterry 05-26-2009 07:04 AM

new driving range-wal-mart-466

There will be a new driving range open in a couple of months just behind wal-mart on 466. Huge grass hitting area and suposed to have lights also, should be golf cart accessable it is just behind the auto repair bays on the west side of wal-mart.