Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   What Insurance Plans does The Villages Hospital Accept? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/what-insurance-plans-does-villages-hospital-accept-11201/)

gfmucci 01-05-2008 01:16 AM

What Insurance Plans does The Villages Hospital Accept?

One local insurance firm told me that The Villages Hospital does not accept Humana health insurance? Is this true? Do you know what insurance plans this hospital does accept?

I have an inquiry in to them and will post the answer when advised.

chuckinca 01-19-2008 07:18 AM

Re: What Insurance Plans does The Villages Hospital Accept?

gf:

Very Good Question!

I am sure many of us need to know the answer.

Hope2b 01-19-2008 12:38 PM

At a meeting the administrator said they did not take "Tricare Prime" because it is a discount insurance. (Later he said he never said that but I personally heard him) If Humana is a discount--I guess it means does not pay well-then they will not. I did stay in the hospital a couple times because they did take it in an emergency. Anyway they should be able to tell you. I like others like to ask here first. I hate telephones.

gfmucci 01-20-2008 02:45 AM

I don't have an answer yet. I just e-mailed Dale Hocking, Vice President and CFO
at LRMC and TVRH and expect a response by mid-week.

zcaveman 01-20-2008 11:01 PM

With my health insurance I can go to TVRH at the out of network cost which is 80/20. I think I pay the 20% - not sure. Not cheap.

Whatever you find out, verify if that is in-network or out-of-network. Big cost difference.

TVRH might say they accept your plan but your plan might say different. Check with your health care provider - not TVRH or LRMC or MRMC.

Hope2b 01-21-2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oshunluva
Whoa!! I sure hope they take Tricare Prime, that is our only insurance.

Sorry, only for emergencies. They consider Tricare Prime a discount insurance and do not accept it. I was on Tricare Prime for the first 5 years we were here. You have to go to
Waterman or Ocala I think ORMC.

Hope2b 01-21-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oshunluva
So...The Villages Hospital for emergencies, Ocala, etc. for surgery and such, correct? That should work out ok. Thanks hope2b.

That is correct. I have been admitted to TV hospital twice in emergencies with no problem. They do take Tricare standard. I had surgery in Ocala and had good care there too. Only problem I had was got a letter--after surgery--telling me the radiologist did not accept Tricare Prime. DUH are we suppose to check out everyone. Anyway, without much trouble he accepted what they paid. I believe they have gotten that straightened out now.

njgranny 02-01-2008 01:21 AM

What about regular Medicare?

Skip 02-01-2008 01:47 AM

The payment they like the best is
CA$H
pre-service too.
Skip

Hope2b 02-04-2008 01:34 AM

Hospital takes regular Medicare.

ConeyIsBabe 02-07-2008 06:08 PM

Does anyone know the names of Florida insurance companies who offer health insurance to an individual who is retired and under the age of 50 ? (not me, a family member)

golfnut 02-08-2008 09:04 PM

Thanks Skip....never could have....never mind