Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Auto Insurance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/auto-insurance-11202/)

gemorc 01-05-2008 01:54 AM

Auto Insurance

Can anyone recommend auto insurance for FL? I just moved here from MI and need auto insurance for FL. Have to buy plates by February.

redwitch 01-05-2008 02:28 AM

Re: Auto Insurance

I have GEICO. Most insurance companies will work, maybe even your old policy with adjustments made for PIP. They'll have to fax a statement saying your policy is in fact a Florida policy to the Tax Adjuster when you register if your insurance card doesn't say Florida insurance. Took me about 2 minutes to call GEICO to have them fax this when I registered my car. Just be sure to get your driver's license first.

bamafan 01-05-2008 03:29 AM

We also have GEICO Love em, but like all insurance you don't know till you have to use it. So far so good

Bubbalarry 01-05-2008 05:18 AM

Sumter insurance is also pretty good. Got full coverage 50% cheaper than I had with just plain liability by showing car and insurance card from NJ. Within an hour with Proof of insurance and car title I had Tags from the Sherrifs office at Morse and RT 466

DDoug 01-05-2008 12:48 PM

Travelers or First Floridian Try thr AAA over on 27/441 car and home together they give a 20% discount

DENNIS G 01-05-2008 01:02 PM

We have State Farm thru Connie Wise on 466. Two cars, golf cart, and homeowners, with all the discounts is cheaper than anyone else. No problems with any claims.

logdog 01-06-2008 08:32 PM

I had GEICO for years and was very satisfied with them. Every couple of years I would shop around but nothing could beat their rates. Then I turned 55 and switched to AARP's Hartford and saved about $150 per year. I highly recommend them. You have to join AARP but that's only about $10 per year.

JohnM 12-09-2008 02:29 PM

Auto Insurance

Any recommendations for auto insurance? I have quotes from GEICO, State Farm and Travelers...and they are all over the board and none fits all of my needs. I plan to contact First Floridian, AAA and AARP Hartford.

Any recommendations appreciated

TIA,

John

Coconuts 12-09-2008 04:53 PM

We just got our auto insurance from Allstate on 466. Been with them for 40 years and saw no need to change. The price for the same coverage as we had in RI, even with PIP, was HALF what we have been paying up North. Go figure.

Peazoup 12-10-2008 08:26 AM

Hi,
I've had Liberty Mutual for 30 years up north in CT. When I came here, I expected to continue with them, however, their customer service was horrible and their rates were way out of line (& they know it). I shopped around and bought Geico insurance - spiffy outfit - quick/easy and either online or via their 800 #. They download your policy so in minutes you can go and get your new plates.

dfn8tly 12-10-2008 10:51 AM

I also had Liberty Mutual in Illinois and planned to transfer coverage to Florida. However, just like Peezoup I was astonished at the HUGE increase in cost (can you say double?) and they were not at all interested in even discussing a discount. Clearly, they don't want to write coverage in FL. I went through The Villages Insurance and we selected Travelers for auto, ASI Assurance for homeowners and Foremost for the golf cart.

It's nice that The Villages Insurance has several offices here in TV. I know I can always walk right in and get an answer if necessary.

If you order a personalized tag for your car, I did, it will take 2 - 3 months to receive. I was told they really DO have the prisoners make them here in FL.

JohnM 12-10-2008 11:33 AM

Connie Duff Wise Agency - State Farm

Anyone have any experience with the Connie Duff Wise - State Farm agency in The Villages, specifically claim experience?

I have seen lots of negative reviews on State Farm as to their handling of claims, but it appears from reading the reviews that it may be largely dependent on the agent.

Input appreciated...

John

GatorFan 12-13-2008 03:15 PM

Allstate-Kevin McDonald Agency

466-Palm Ridge Plaza-great premiums-accident forgiveness, safe driver bonus check, deductible rewards.