Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mysterious Garage Doors (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mysterious-garage-doors-11207/)

jmarkohio 01-05-2008 02:44 PM

Mysterious Garage Doors

After pulling out of our garage yesterday afternoon, we attempted to close our garage door. It started to go down but then it went back up. I tried to close it again and the same thing happened. While I was trying to figure this out my neighbor pulled up in his car and asked me what I had done to his garage door.

I looked across the street and his door was going up and down by itself. We stood there in disbelief, watching our garage doors going up and down as if in a duel. About this time my wife noticed two Comcast trucks parked a house away and kiddingly asked the techs what they were doing to our garage doors.

It turns out that they were in fact responsible for this phenomenon. The yellow flashing lights on their trucks are on the same frequency as the garage door openers. Once they turned the lights off, our doors returned to normal.

Thought everyone might need this information some day or at least get a laugh out of it...we sure did.

Talk Host 01-05-2008 02:48 PM

Re: Mysterious Garage Doors

:o

conn8757 01-05-2008 02:49 PM

In a way that is scary, they know they could enter your house or the frequency for it.

beady 01-05-2008 03:04 PM

I had a similar experience with my remote car starter. As I was leaving work I turned my car on,which was way at the back of the lot. It was very cold and I was attempting to prewarm the vehicle. My car was running when I got to the back of the lot,but so was a car 3 spaces down from mine . I waited a while to see if someone arrived to drive off. My car shuts down in 20 minutes, I didn't want to wait that long. I shut down my car with the remote and the other car turned off. Apparently we were on the same frequency :dontknow: :dontknow:
Never did locate the other vehicle owner, out of state plate , so was probably a visitor.

JohnN 01-05-2008 03:08 PM

garage doors have codes, it's easy to reset... reset yours

Lady Jan 01-05-2008 05:58 PM

Thanks for the information. We never reset our codes, yet.

renielarson 01-05-2008 06:53 PM

We had trouble with our garage door opening and closing on its own. We figured out that someone else in our Liberty Park neighborhood must be on our same frequency. Once we changed the code no more problems. I have to say though that the first time it happened I was home alone and it scared the :edit: outta me!