Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   FENCING (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/fencing-11318/)

bsliny 01-12-2008 07:39 PM

FENCING

Whats the ruling on fences Can you fence in your property to keep the dog in

zcaveman 01-12-2008 07:45 PM

Re: FENCING

You can put in the invisible fencing to keep the dog in. No fenced in yards allowed as far as I know.

billethkid 01-12-2008 08:06 PM

Covenants clearly state no fences.

BTK

BUC 01-12-2008 08:40 PM

No fences THAT'S JUST WRONG!

swrinfla 01-12-2008 08:47 PM

Patio and/or Courtyard Villas allow fences. There are many posts in TOTV from people who actually decided to buy a villa because they could let the dog(s) outside without their running away! Ranch, Designer and Premier home styles don't allow fences, and for that I am glad!

handieman 01-12-2008 10:09 PM

Nothing uglier than a stand alone fence of variable heights and materials, unkempt, grass growing underneath and hiding God know what behind it spoiling the view.
VIVA no fence :bigthumbsup:
I am a dog lover and agree that the invisible fence technology is great
Handie :joke:

lm01 01-12-2008 10:59 PM

Fences? Hummmmmmm let me think about it.........NO w/minor exceptions. You might to want to consider a courtyard Villa

rsetterlund 01-12-2008 11:06 PM

BSLINY,

There are a number of rules that one should know about before purchasing in TV. We are thinking of moving in 3 years and I spend a lot of time trying to discover what all the rules are. Like the one post stated, if you need a fence consider one of the villas.

hunt9791 01-13-2008 01:44 AM

I see a fence around the Villages short term rental Villas next to the sales office in Sumter Landing? What's that about?

beartrack1 01-13-2008 02:18 AM

I understand the rule about fencing. Are you allowed to have a hedge around your yard ?

lm01 01-13-2008 02:23 AM

short term rental villas? thats to keep you and me out ;D

lm01 01-13-2008 02:25 AM

Hedge around a yard...........NO At least that is what I was told when asking the question to the Villages

Barefoot 01-13-2008 04:41 AM

We were told by a Villages Sales Rep that you need prior approval for any type of landscaping, even a hedge.

We are so happy we have a (fenced) courtyard villa.

gfmucci 01-13-2008 04:58 AM

I understand that hedges are allowed to be up to 4' in height. I also understand that if fine mesh-type material is hidden inside a mature hedge so that it cannot be seen, then this is permissible. It serves the function of a fence without being a "fence." Has anyone you know done this?

Barefoot 01-13-2008 06:39 PM

The Villages position on this is very clear! :cop: No fences, unless you buy a Courtyard Villa. If you want a fenced property, there are lots of other retirement communities that allow them.

I agree with Handie, our community looks better because of this covenant.
Quote:

Originally Posted by handieman
[center]Nothing uglier than a stand alone fence of variable heights and materials, unkempt, grass growing underneath and hiding God know what behind it spoiling the view
- VIVA no fence

Gfm, a lot of people initially have the thought of trying to creatively get around the "no fences" covenant by considering hedges, hiding mesh, etc. I personally wouldn't be comfortable doing something against the covenants and hoping the neighbours wouldn't report me.