Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   What's behind your TOTV name and picture? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/whats-behind-your-totv-name-picture-11328/)

Barbi 01-13-2008 10:27 AM

What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

I'm slightly curious about the names and pictures we choose to use for TOTV. Some of us have a straight forward simple use of our first name and many have a "handle" we go by. Some of us put our real pictures out there others put avatars out there.

What draws you to use or not use your real name & pictures?

What motivates you to change your picture from time to time?

If you use a "handle" what is the story, the soul, the essence, roots, spirit, simplicity, mystery behind the name you choose.

Barbi

Hope2b 01-13-2008 11:17 AM

Re: What's behind your TOTV name and picture?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbi
I'm slightly curious about the names and pictures we choose to use for TOTV. Some of us have a straight forward simple use of our first name and many have a "handle" we go by. Some of us put our real pictures out there others put avatars out there.

What draws you to use or not use your real name & pictures?

What motivates you to change your picture from time to time?

If you use a "handle" what is the story, the soul, the essence, roots, spirit, simplicity, mystery behind the name you choose.

Barbi

You first ;D

redwitch 01-13-2008 01:09 PM

PIC: The pic is my daughter and me shortly after she moved in with me (the adoption was finalized 4 years later due to some major court battles). Changing a pic takes effort, so you guys are stuck with this for awhile.

NAME: When she'd been with me about 3 months, she was playing with the snow globes in the dining room while I was cleaning the bathroom. I told her to put the snow globe down. She came running in and asked how I knew. I told her I now had "mommy eyes in the back of my head." Later, when I sat down, she started parting my hair in the back. This continued halfway down my back. All of a sudden, with eyes as huge as I'd ever seen, she said, "You don't have eyes in the back of your head .... you're a WITCH" Took me about 3 months to get her to come near me after that.

Well, when I had to come up with an online name, she looked at me like I was nuts as I struggled to come up with something that fit me. "Duh, Mom, redwitch." And I've been RW ever since. (Yes, the hair is red and I think she now pronounces the W with a B.)

l2ridehd 01-13-2008 01:37 PM

Simple. The picture is me enjoying one of my passions in life. That was taken in front of one of many a favorite winery in Sonoma CA. Life is to short to drink cheap wine. ;D My ID is also part of a favorite passtime l2ridehd is short hand for "love to ride Harley Davidsons".

Avista 01-13-2008 02:56 PM

Avista is the name of the street on which I lived in Tampa. The picture is real.

Donna 01-13-2008 05:46 PM

My picture is of my Missouri Fox Trotter, Rusty I plan to get a new pic this summer of my two horses..
The pic of me was taken this past summer..http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/brunhest1.gif

My name of course is my real name..http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...heresmiley.gif

renielarson 01-13-2008 07:19 PM

brightspot: That is what my children and grandchildren are in my life. http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...all_md_wht.gif

01: When I chose this nic years ago someone already had taken it on the site I was on so I had to add the numbers behind it to get it.

My pic: I was in a flamboyant mood at the time. http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...wirlyhippy.gif It will change often-sometimes you'll see the real me and others times you won't.

KathieI 01-13-2008 10:56 PM

Well, mine's pretty easy. Kathie is my real name and that's me in the picture a few years ago (acting shy, of course :redface:) but its how I still feel today:

[center]
Glamorous, charismatic, fun-loving

and... ummmm.. let's see what other adjectives did the thesaurus mention...

oh yes, a lot younger and skinnier.....

Oh Well, I can dream, can't I!!!

Ok, Barbi, now explain your picture please. Thanks, Kathie

nONIE 01-13-2008 11:23 PM

OK Barbi! I've been waiting for this. You have to tell us about yours too! By the way great Topic to put out there, I love it!!!!

Mine is so easy its boring! its me, (just a few short years ago) LOL! Time goes so fast I just cant remember how long ago it actually was! (And if you believe that one, well you know the rest)

Thats my real name and Im wondering if its really a good thing to be so darn honest! Live and learn.

It was taken in Hawaii and the bird I fell in love with in a pet shop. They tried to convince me to buy as much as I wanted that birdie, wouldnt hear of it. They basically stuff them in a cardboard toilet paper roll and ship it to you by air. Couldnt stand the thought.

So tell us Barbie who is the gorgeous girl in the picture????? ;)

ouma1938 01-14-2008 12:42 AM

Name comes from my South African heritage, Ouma is Grandma in Afrikaans, and 1938 is the year I was born. So, ouma1938.

The picture is of one of my birds, a cockatiel ("rooster"tiel when its censored) named Loopy. He is a little love and gives me a wolf whistle first thing every morning. Its fun to wake up to.

The Great Fumar 01-14-2008 03:09 AM

The picture is me 20 years ago and the name I stole from LAMONT CRANSTON............
da shadow do !!!! fumar

Barbi 01-15-2008 12:12 AM

English,
If I read you right, English teacher and TV?. I know who to call on for help with my TOTV messages & typing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by English
My next place to live and my profession.

handieman 01-15-2008 12:46 AM

Barbi? Is that Tom Cruise's wife the model ummmmm????
Handie :joke:

Barbi 01-15-2008 01:00 AM

I think I owe a big thanks to all who answered. You are wonderful!! However I still see a lot of interesting names unexplained so keep the posts coming. I had so many thoughts as I read your replies I decided to capture them in one note.

Hope2B – My real name is Barbara --- professional photo just a few “women” years back and similar to your name. I know, boring – I may change my name to something with more spirit if I can figure out how do it.

RedWitch - loved your story and photo. Shows compassion and fun. I doubt your daughter uses the B.

I2ridehd – You too are inspiring me to change my name to something with more passion.

Avista – new years resolution to live on a street in TV by year end

English – I’m still guessing at yours but think I got it

Donna – I love horses and your choice of picture

Brightspot –I think a few guys are interested in the picture and agree grandchildren are your name.

Kathie – You know I’m looking for Ken and need your help. I’m counting on you.

Barb1191 – I want to be in that picture too.

Nonie – You’re not boring and I like your name. Glad you didn’t ship the bird.

Ouma1938 – Learned a new name for grandma. You and Nonie need to get together for birdie fun day.

Great Fumar – I bow to you.

Barbi 01-15-2008 01:04 AM

Come on handie I'm the one asking the question. Lets hear your answer first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by handieman
Barbi? Is that Tom Cruise's wife the model ummmmm????
Handie :joke: