Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Keeping the Mice At Bay (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/keeping-mice-bay-11335/)

REDCART 01-13-2008 09:20 PM

Keeping the Mice At Bay

With all of the construction and digging going on in TV, I would imagine that it would send the field mice out to find new homes. I guess mice would be attracted by either food and water. So besides removing these attractions, is there anything besides adopting a cat that you could do to discourage them from taking up residence in your home?

JohnN 01-13-2008 11:07 PM

Re: Keeping the Mice At Bay

have your neighbor adopt a cat? LOL.. sorry couldn't resist

The Great Fumar 01-13-2008 11:32 PM

I have not seen a mouse in four years . I was told that the pesticides on the lawns is what keeps them away ???????
But about the geckos (little dinosaurs)..they are everywhere and keep the bugs down ...BUT !!! Don't let your dogs eat them , it makes them very sick , they have a toxin in them that attacks the liver,,,,,Little dogs can die very easily.............true story...
I thought about trying one myself but their hard to get into the microwave........
looking for a snack Fumar

nanci2539 01-13-2008 11:34 PM

Are they toxic to cats too?

KathieI 01-13-2008 11:37 PM

Fumar, ewwwwwwwwwww!!! :barf: :barf:

The Great Fumar 01-13-2008 11:42 PM

Don't know about cats........usually they can eat anything......
HOWEVER ..I will add that last night I spotted a mouse in my den , I quickly trapped him and flushed him away ..I was so proud of being so quick on my feet.....
Today my computer won't work .......
Laptop Fumar

KathieI 01-13-2008 11:58 PM

Fumar, so you're not into chubby cute little mouses? They have a lot more fat on them then the geckos. Try them sometime, you'll like em.... :barf: :barf:

nONIE 01-14-2008 12:03 AM

Not to worry. All the mice have probably been run over by dozers by now.

Also,frogs are very toxic to dogs also. A friends Collie ate one and came very close to death! However, if you are a princess, try kissing one! :-*

F16 1UB 01-14-2008 02:10 PM

They make great bass bait. ;D

nONIE 01-14-2008 02:46 PM

Awwwwww F16, but they are so darn cute! what a way to go! >:(

SteveZ 01-14-2008 03:17 PM

Don't worry about any mice. There's still enough hawks patrollling the area for anything dumb enough to try to run across the moon-scaped construction areas.