Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   COURTYARD VILLA'S ARE WHAT YOU MAKE THEM **NUMBER TWO (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/courtyard-villas-what-you-make-them-number-two-11390/)

The Great Fumar 01-17-2008 05:06 AM

COURTYARD VILLA'S ARE WHAT YOU MAKE THEM **NUMBER TWO

Many of you have asked what can be done about privacy in the backyard of a courtyard villa...Here is one example , I lived in this one for two years and many of the perks I really miss.....
Fumar

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ofP1010359.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ofP1010346.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ofP1010340.jpg

punkpup 01-17-2008 06:09 AM

Re: COURTYARD VILLA'S ARE WHAT YOU MAKE THEM !!!!

Lovely vegetation!

chuckinca 01-17-2008 06:41 AM

Very nice!

I am having a hard time thinking about giving up a back yard that is not fenced in and private - seems like you give up the use of your yard and are stuck in the enclosed lanai or have to go to the expense of adding a large birdcage. Even backing onto a golf course, you really can't use the back yard.

redwitch 01-17-2008 06:46 AM

Barring a place to let the dog go, you quickly quit missing having your own yard. My old house had 1/4 of an acre. If you're into gardening, you can still plant some trees in the back. Flowers around the side.

I live in a patio villa. My bbq is outside on the patio with an outdoor table. I happily live on my lanai. My friend doesn't have a patio (be darned if I know what her home is called) nor is it fenced in. In the back, she has plants, two benches, a couple of in-the-ground bird feeders and a birdbath. If you have a dog, you can get one of the invisible fences. So, you're really not giving up all that much even though you think you are at first.

Donna 01-17-2008 11:59 AM

Great job, Fumar... :bigthumbsup:

JohnN 01-17-2008 04:05 PM

really very VERY nice, thank you for sharing that

we plan to get a courtyard villa, and I love the tropical landscaping

gfmucci 01-17-2008 05:23 PM

Great job!! :bigthumbsup: How long ago was most of the material planted?

KathieI 01-17-2008 06:29 PM

Fumar, absolutely beautiful. I had no idea that you're allowed to plant that much foliage. Is that only allowed in the back yard or the front also?

I'm looking forward to my CYV and I'm inviting you over for a lasagna dinner, you and Mrs. Fumar, to give me ideas.

You've made my day. Thanks for sharing. Kath :redface:

golfnut 01-17-2008 08:42 PM

I wonder why I am not seeing fumars pictures, I only see the little red X's, yet I see pictures in all other posts, hmmmm

The Great Fumar 01-17-2008 08:51 PM

Re: COURTYARD VILLA'S ARE WHAT YOU MAKE THEM **NUMBER TWO

REGARDING COURTYARD VILLA'S

Three new pictures and answer to question about duration of vegetation ???? One growing season , so be carefull..

green thumb Fumar

golfnut 01-17-2008 09:00 PM

I see the pictures now, WOW! good job fumar, myself coming from the north I love the Tropical look.

Becky 01-17-2008 09:50 PM

I agree with everyone! That looks fantastic! Great ideas!

Becky

bamafan 01-17-2008 10:35 PM

Lots of miracle grow huh :) :)

lm01 01-17-2008 10:48 PM

All homes in every price range can be made beautiful in the villages. Its not the size of the house its what you do with it. Nice job

Barefoot 01-17-2008 10:57 PM

Fumar, beautifully done! Also looks like very low maintenance. What company did you use?

Bubbalarry 01-17-2008 11:00 PM

Very,very nice. I hope someday soon to have the same or similar done to my CYV here in Hadley Village. Love the privacy it provides. It was a very good selling point to have no visible windows from neighbors on either side, along with Vinyl fences separating your backyards, and finally a solid cinder block & designed painted wall at the rear for total privacy when adding a pool or spa and a birdcage.

The Great Fumar 01-18-2008 01:54 AM

Barefoot
Did everything but the stone myself........Next time I would have it all done by an outside firm.......Lots of heavy work and I getting to old for that..........
the stone is in front and back and a full three to four inches deep (good job) . the cost was about $1800.00 but worth it..Can't remember the name of the co. but the paper is full of people who all of this stuff......
Good Luck Fumar

gfmucci 01-18-2008 03:39 AM

"One growing season , so be careful..." So, if you overdo, you could have a real jungle out there, is that what you're saying?

In other words, you don't have to spend a lot of extra money on "mature" landscaping." It gets "mature" pretty fast...within 2 or 3 years, for sure. The "green banannas" will mature faster than we do.

Frangyomory 01-18-2008 02:23 PM

In courtyard villas you can do whatever you pretty much want in the BACK yard. However, in the front yard we have to go to the architectural committee for just about everything. Small price to pay for the yeard with privacy.

I love our courtyard villa! Wouldn't want anything else.
:bigthumbsup:

Peggy D 01-18-2008 02:56 PM

Very beautiful. What an oasis.

Russ_Boston 01-18-2008 03:02 PM

Fumar - I take it that this is not where you live now since you said you miss some of the perks? I think i remember something about your move. What are you in now? Are you in the same neighborhood?