Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Simply Seafood, Dunellon (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/simply-seafood-dunellon-114071/)

bobfaucett 05-08-2014 08:10 PM

Simply Seafood, Dunellon

After a recommendation, had late lunch/early dinner at this tiny seafood place in Dunellon. Has an attached fresh seafood store and does a lot of take out. When I say "tiny" I mean it. Maybe 18 seats in a really small, simply setting....but...seafood great. Fresh and interesting. I had balsamic/honey fresh Gulf snapper, wife had blackened salmon and guests both had "made on the spot, to your specs" lobster salad and all were delighted. BYOB, very moderate price. No one in site for our 3:00 pm reservations, but "reserved" signs popped up for the evening setting as we were leaving around 5. 45 minutes from northern Villages, straight down 475. Bob

Indydealmaker 05-08-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfaucett (Post 875142)
After a recommendation, had late lunch/early dinner at this tiny seafood place in Dunellon. Has an attached fresh seafood store and does a lot of take out. When I say "tiny" I mean it. Maybe 18 seats in a really small, simply setting....but...seafood great. Fresh and interesting. I had balsamic/honey fresh Gulf snapper, wife had blackened salmon and guests both had "made on the spot, to your specs" lobster salad and all were delighted. BYOB, very moderate price. No one in site for our 3:00 pm reservations, but "reserved" signs popped up for the evening setting as we were leaving around 5. 45 minutes from northern Villages, straight down 475. Bob

Sounds perfect! Thanks for the heads up.

LndLocked 05-08-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfaucett (Post 875142)

Great place ..... stop there whenever I am in the area.

It is just south of 484 on 41.

OBXNana 05-09-2014 06:01 AM

Awesome, we wondered about seafood in the area and one of our favorite meals. We'll look forward to trying it when we get back to the area. Thanks for sharing.

raynan 05-09-2014 07:52 PM

We got a deal on Groupon and have a reservation for 3:30 tomorrow for 4 people. Really looking forward to it now!