Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Poker anyone? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/poker-anyone-11412/)

redwitch 01-19-2008 02:53 AM

Poker anyone?

I would love to get a friendly game of poker/Texas Hold 'Em going. Say up to 8 players, one night a week, have it at each other's homes. Anyone interested?

kregski 01-19-2008 03:42 AM

Re: Poker anyone?

I would love to but im afraid of you.

KathieI 01-19-2008 03:56 AM

Great reply, Kreg.

Red, I'd like to but I cheat. But I'll volunteer Dad when he gets here. He loves Poker, not me.

Kath

redwitch 01-19-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kregski
I would love to but im afraid of you.

WHAT???? I'm a pussycat. Have never played live poker and don't have a poker face. I'm probably an easy mark.

KathieI 01-19-2008 04:53 AM

English <<<<<<<<<<shhhhhhhh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I want Red as my step-mom... What a kick that would be!!

Remember, shhhhhhhh. Kathie :redface:

chelsea24 01-20-2008 06:22 AM

Hi Red, if you can get enough people, count me in and my hubby. He's really a Blackjack fan but loves poker too. I love Texas Hold'em. We used to play quite a bit back in Illinois. :o

samhass 01-20-2008 03:21 PM

I love Texas Hold'em! It's finding time for another evening activity that is the problem.
There is so much going on in TV that sometimes hubby and I just "hide" for an evening!

Taltarzac 01-20-2008 03:29 PM

Isn't there some kind of weekly poker tournament in TV on Tuesday mornings?? Keep hearing about it from fellow dog owners at the Doggie Doo Run Run.

redwitch 01-20-2008 04:04 PM

I don't want a big group thing. Just some fun with friends (or friends to be).

DickY 01-22-2008 12:50 AM

Red,

When I get there permanently (100 days) count me in.

ggelhausen 01-22-2008 06:13 AM

Red, I am new to this, hope I know what I am doing. I love Poker but like Rook better.
Does anyone play in the Villages? Someone said to ask you.
Gloria

redwitch 01-22-2008 12:29 PM

I haven't seen any Rook games, sorry. I vaguely remember playing the game many moons ago but doubt I could lay claim to more than being an absolute beginner today. However, knowing TV, I'm sure there are some players. Some of the clubs have non-specific game nights. You might go to a few of those and see if they know of a Rook club. Another possibility is call the rec centers and see if they know anything there. Good luck in the search.

Of course, if you can't find any Rook(ies), you could always join us and play poker. ;)

angela 01-24-2008 09:17 PM

My husband and I would love to be part of this group. Count the two of us in. Just let us know where and when?

JohnN 01-24-2008 09:45 PM

I'm new to the game, but I've got

5 Aces?

Is that good? LOL, wish I was there

redwitch 01-25-2008 07:34 PM

I think I have my players, thank you all. Now, all we have to do is figure out how to set it up and what night we want to play. I'll send y'all a PM soon as I can figure out to send a group PM.