Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Reliable Service Stations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/reliable-service-stations-11418/)

Peg 01-19-2008 03:39 PM

Reliable Service Stations

You guys are the best. Not so sure how others get along down here without friends like you to give them such good information.

Okay, one more question that really means a lot to me since my car is dripping oil onto a newspaper in the garage. I just had a 45,000 mi check-up before coming down here in Jan., and now an oil leak - I think. So I'm looking for a reliable service station that will put my Subaru up on the rack to see what's happening under there, but don't have a clue who to trust. Any help here? We live in Belvedere, but I don't mind driving a few miles for good service.

Thanks a bunch.
Peg

lm01 01-19-2008 03:54 PM

Re: Reliable Service Stations

I just go back to the dealer. If it is really bad news you can buy new........or a larger bucket

MikeH 01-19-2008 05:34 PM

Try Fruitland Park Auto on 441/27----have found them to be very good and honest.

swrinfla 01-19-2008 07:22 PM

Peg:

Bill Bryan Chrysler/Jeep/Subaru dealership is at 3401 south US27/441 in Fruitland Park. 352-787-2223

If you want a dealer to look, they're probably as good as anyone. I use them for my 11-year-old Grand Voyager and have never had any problems nor confrontations. Nice folks, too.

deegeek 01-19-2008 07:23 PM

Tri-County Automotive on 27/441 across from Walgreens, near the Lowe's entrance, was very honest in my dealings with them.

Taltarzac 01-19-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deegeek
Tri-County Automotive on 27/441 across from Walgreens, near the Lowe's entrance, was very honest in my dealings with them.

Same with us. Tri-County Automtive. :bigthumbsup: :agree:

Frank2 01-20-2008 05:39 PM

Here's another recommendation for Tri County Automotive on 27/441. Good people.

mailme 01-21-2008 08:13 PM

And us too. Tri-County may not be the cheapest but they won't tell you that "this MUST be fixed or your car will explode". Rich Snyder and the gang are honest people. They close the shop from 12 to 1 so their employees can take a rest. We go there all the time.

mm

chuckinca 01-21-2008 08:39 PM

Try:

Meredith's Auto Clinic
Address: 40739 County Road 25, Lady Lake, FL 32159
Phone: (352) 753-1033

CR 25 runs along the East side of the "Historic Villages". 441 to Griffin Ave (Go East) then North on CR 25 and it's on the left (across the street from the Blue Parrot RV Resort - where you can get your barbecue propane tank refilled)

http://www.rvresorts.com/resort2.htm

Peg 01-28-2008 09:56 PM

Just to thank you TOTV folks and to let you know you were right about Tri-County Auto over by Spanish Springs. The guys put my car on the lift at no charge, checked the oil leak that was a bad gasket, and said no reason to fix it until the next oil change, as long as we put a piece of cardboard under the car in the garage. Hey, no charge, and I'll take the car back for the oil change when its time. Very trustworthy in my eyes. You all are better than Consumer Reports.

Taltarzac 01-28-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peg
Just to thank you TOTV folks and to let you know you were right about Tri-County Auto over by Spanish Springs. The guys put my car on the lift at no charge, checked the oil leak that was a bad gasket, and said no reason to fix it until the next oil change, as long as we put a piece of cardboard under the car in the garage. Hey, no charge, and I'll take the car back for the oil change when its time. Very trustworthy in my eyes. You all are better than Consumer Reports.

You are welcome. They seem quite competent and honest there at Tri-County Automotive.

Now, if I could just find a car wash near the Villages I liked? :dontknow: Any one have any recommendations?

chuckinca 01-29-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac
You are welcome. They seem quite competent and honest there at Tri-County Automotive.

Now, if I could just find a car wash near the Villages I liked? :dontknow: Any one have any recommendations?

Tal:

I've always washed my own cars - it's sort of a spiritual experience touching the metal, plastic, rubber etc. and I don't trust my vehicles to the hands of strangers.

gonzy 01-30-2008 12:31 AM

I have a Subaru also and have had the same problem with oil leaks. I was told that whenever you change the oil in a Subaru you should replace the gasket around the drain plug. Don't know if thats your problem but could be.