Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   No More New Construction After Atrium Dells (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/no-more-new-construction-after-atrium-dells-114244/)

tippyclubb 05-10-2014 04:45 PM

No More New Construction After Atrium Dells

Below is the e-mail I received from our sales agent today. It appears build out is near.

-----------------------------------------
Today at 1:06 PM
Hi Everyone

As we begin to wind down these last two years or so of newly constructed homes in The Villages, it is apparent that opportunities to buy a new home are coming to an end.

Today at 5pm we will be opening the new neighborhood of Atrium Dells next to Brownwood, a Bungalow Style Villa will all current amenities.

Let me know if you are interested in this awesome new village! It will go quickly as this is one of the last Courtyard Villa neighborhoods being built. I would not want any of my good friends and customers to miss an opportunity to own in this fabulous Village; truly unique. It's located off Buena Vista by the Brownwood Town Center entrance.

Sincerely,

Liz

PS -If you wish to be removed from any emails regarding new developments please let me know. Thank you!

DougB 05-10-2014 04:48 PM

Sounds like a sales ploy to me.

Bryan 05-10-2014 05:00 PM

I guess the 2000+ new construction homes in The Villages of Fruitland Park don't count in your "build out" estimates.

swrinfla 05-10-2014 05:43 PM

I just bought a 2014 map, and there's a large area at the east side of Lake Deaton where the streets aren't even named! And, of course, the new Lake County (Fruitland Park) land, which is all torn up, isn't even on the map!

I'd say the message was purely a sales pitch!

SWR
:beer3:

billethkid 05-10-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 875956)

Bee-eye-en-g-oh!!!!

NottaVillager 05-10-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 875956)

Bingo! As they say at the church hall.

Bonanza 05-10-2014 06:11 PM

Sounds like this Liz sales person is stretching it.

I hate being lied to and this sure sounds like it fits the bill.

DianeM 05-10-2014 06:15 PM

She said nothing about no more building. She said this was "one of the last courtyard villa neighborhoods" being built. She didn't lie nor did she say anything to lead anyone into calling this false advertising. Nothing she said is open to slandering her.

kstew43 05-10-2014 06:24 PM

trying to get you to buy and sell......double commission.....sales at its best.....

kstew43 05-10-2014 06:27 PM

ps..... just checked it out, cheapest available 344k.....geeze already....

DianeM 05-10-2014 06:27 PM

that's what her job is

mherzberg 05-10-2014 06:31 PM

Semantics...

Appears that the operative word is "being" built, which is probably true. Fact is there will be more "being" built at a later date!

redwitch 05-10-2014 07:36 PM

"[O]ne of the last" certainly does not translate to the last and who knows how many more CYVs are planned? The new development could be all designer/premiere. They've pretty much quit building patio villas from what I understand.

Sorry, don't even see this as sales hype. Just a realtor doing her job.

EnglishJW 05-10-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeM (Post 875990)
She said nothing about no more building. She said this was "one of the last courtyard villa neighborhoods" being built. She didn't lie nor did she say anything to lead anyone into calling this false advertising. Nothing she said is open to slandering her.

We are working with Liz and also received this note. I agree with your interpretation. Yes, it is a sales pitch but hardly malicious. I read nothing negative into it when I read it.

BobnBev 05-10-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstew43 (Post 875995)
ps..... just checked it out, cheapest available 344k.....geeze already....

Courtyard Villas starting at $344K?
You gotta be kidding me.:shocked: