Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TV Fees (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tv-fees-11535/)

Biker B 01-26-2008 01:51 PM

TV Fees

What does it cost to enjoy the villages? Can you use any pool or is there a fee? Can you play golf any where free? Tennis? Rec Centers? Gyms? Please help with information and fees

redwitch 01-26-2008 02:34 PM

Re: TV Fees

Most things are free. The clubs have an annual membership that ranges from $5-$15. The pools are free but only the family pools can be used by anyone under 30.

I believe the executive courses are free, ditto the tennis courts.

Someone else can tell you about golf and the fitness centers.

The truth is there are many activities here that are free or have a very nominal fee. That's one of the beauties of TV.

Frangyomory 01-26-2008 08:38 PM

We pay monthly amenity fees for the use of pools; shuffleboard; bocci; etc. Right now I pay $127 a month. There is a monthly fee for use of work-out/gym facilities such as Laurel Manor. There are fees to belong to the Wellness Center.

If you join a club that holds meetings for card games, quilting, card making, etc. you will pay a yearly dues fee charged by the club, not the Villages. Same goes for geographic clubs such as Virginia club, Bronx club, etc. annual dues.

Many of the entertainment groups don't charge dues but you will have to purchase the things you need to perform.

I can't think of anything else but with over 200 clubs with either no or limited annual dues, you can keep busy without spending a fortune.

Shows at the Church on the Square now usually charge admission; Savannah Ceter charges for tickets to shows. Golf lessons and practice ranges charge fees.

Hope this helps.

lm01 01-27-2008 03:46 AM

Great Explanation Frangyomory. That's it in a nutshell.

swrinfla 01-27-2008 10:14 PM

Biker B:

redwitch and frangyomory have it pretty well nailed down for you.

I'll add that there are many, many social clubs here [undoubtedly your TV neighborhood, quite likely your "up north" city/state/region, perhaps your old employer or a military group]. I belong to at least three of these. My total "annual dues" are $25!

Many groups have 50/50 pots at each meeting. The favorite going rate seems to be $2.00 will buy you three tickets. If you're lucky, you may recover that at the same meeting. If you're less lucky, it may take you all year to win back a few bucks!

Now and then, a social group may have a somewhat "fancier" get-together, for which you may be expected to fork over some bucks per person - maybe even as much as $10! Wow! In any case, you're expected to BYO, so you can be as cheap or as exotic as you want! Often, you're asked to "bring something to share!" Of course, you can spend a bundle or a pittance - depends on what you're comfortable with!

Bottom line, I guess, is that you can live a busy, fun partying kind of life for really small bucks, if that's what you want or need!

As to entertainment, the shows at Savannah Center usually run $10-$20 per person per show. Many of the shows would probably cost you closer to $75 each in major metropolitan areas - and there's no guarantee that that $75 would get you anything better than what's on offer here!

SWR

bsliny 01-30-2008 02:37 PM

Not all the pools are free I'm up north now and can't remember the name of the pool
but its on a hill overlooking a golf course and has a water fall and a Tiki Bar I have to check with my wife as to the exact cost but i know its over two hundred dollars for a years membership :beer2: :hot:

villages07 01-30-2008 03:20 PM

BSLINY....you're right...the pools at the Country Clubs are not open to all residents; however, if you have a priority golf or tennis membership, you do have access to the CC pools. You can also buy a pool only priority membership....but, with all the free neighborhood, family, and sports pools, not sure why you would.

MMC24 01-30-2008 08:22 PM

[quote=villages07 ]
BSLINY....you're right...the pools at the Country Clubs are not open to all residents; however, if you have a priority golf or tennis membership, you do have access to the CC pools. You can also buy a pool only priority membership....but, with all the free neighborhood, family, and sports pools, not sure why you would.
One reason to pool at a CC, is they have food & beverage service. You can play golf or tennis and take a refreshing swim after without having to leave the premises. Good way to entertain guests.

Frangyomory 01-31-2008 12:30 AM

Forgot that about the CC pools. We have priority membership for golf (should say Joe does) and he has added on the pool membership for me. Must say, I have only been to Orange Blossom at the Hilltop Pool once in two years so not sure we should keep on paying for the approx $80 extra a year for the priority membership. You can go to the Tiki bar I understand without priority membership but you cannot swim. I find that hard to believe but two people told me that.

Personally I love my neighborhood pool because it is an adult....30 and older...pool and I find it very relaxing!!!

bsliny 01-31-2008 02:19 PM

Thats what we were told when we(MY WIFE) signed up for pool membership
You must be a member to swim at the CC pools but you don't have to be a member to drink :beer3: :beer2: :hot:

jadebox 02-08-2008 07:27 PM

Country Club pool membership costs us $260 plus tax per year and we can use any of the Country Club pools. Could live without a membership but we like the food and drink there while swimming.

LovinItAtTheVillages 02-08-2008 07:47 PM

I agree..The CC Pool package is worth it
for us, when company comes it feels more like we are on a Vacation
Hacienda is my favorite..the Club/restaunrant itself looks like a big resort
I live closer to OrangeBlossom but find it to be more of a neighborhood "clicque" crowd and if you arent in the crowd..not really anyone to chat with

Folks at Hacienda are very friendly
Drinks..lunch...all impressive
The few times I decided to just do a neighborhood pool...
to be close to home..was disappointing..
felt like........any moment a space ship was going to come down to pick everyone up
(Cocoon) ::)

Boomer 02-08-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSLINY
Thats what we were told when we(MY WIFE) signed up for pool membership
You must be a member to swim at the CC pools but you don't have to be a member to drink :beer3: :beer2: :hot:

So...what happens if you are drinking and you fall into the pool?

chuckinca 02-08-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
So...what happens if you are drinking and you fall into the pool?

The pool Nazi tosses you out for breaking the rules

We also pay the CC pool fee so that visiting family and guests can use the CC pools.

golfnut 02-08-2008 09:07 PM

I'm fine with the neighborhood pools myself.