Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Urgent Care Facilities v. ER (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/urgent-care-facilities-v-er-11576/)

Muncle 01-29-2008 01:48 AM

Urgent Care Facilities v. ER

What is the story on the Urgent Care facilities around this area? Are they associated with the TV Regional Medical Center or any other hospital organization? Are they staffed with the same type of staff as a hospital ER? Do they accept the same insurances? How do they handle patients who must be kept in the hospital for extended care? An ER just pushes your bed down the hall or puts you in an elevator. Does the Urgent Care place commit you directly to a hospital or must one go thru the ER process again? Is there an issue with specific doctors not supporting or being supported by the different facilities?

I ask these questions mainly to find out why someone would go to the ER when there is an Urgent Care shop close by. From comments I've heard, the ERs are always crowded and service is less than spectacular. On the other hand, evidently service is much more readily available at the Urgent Care facility.

Any comments???

dadspet 01-29-2008 03:06 AM

Re: Urgent Care Facilities v. ER

The only experience we had recently is needing to go the the Urgent care facility in Sumter Landing for a leg pain problem. The Urgent care facility needed a ultra sound to rule out a possible blood cloth and indicated we would have to go to the ER or a private facility. Since it was after 5PM the private facilities were closed and the only option was a ER. The doctor then indicated the ERs at the VIllages and Leesburg were both very crowded and in divert status. ?? Whats divert status we asked ??? Well that means they can't accept any more patents and patents would be diverted to another hospital ( Ocala I guess since Leesburg was also in divert status). We decided to wait until the next morning for the ultra sound but it sure didn't give us a warm fuzzy about the area hospitals ability to handle an emergency, especially considering the Villages hospital recently enlarged by a fair amount.

Avista 01-29-2008 11:55 AM

Re: Urgent Care Facilities v. ER

Does anyone know the hours of our Urgent Care Centers? Are they open Sundays?

gego3650 06-17-2014 07:44 PM

I use Dr.In at Dana plaza. Great service

SusanOfWoodbury 06-17-2014 08:45 PM

The urgent care off El Camino Reel on Santa Barbara Blvd, near Premier medical associates is open Sundays 8-3..

coach 06-17-2014 08:54 PM

That is the funniest post I ever read. The question was asked in 2008 and the answer is today in 2014. I hope urgent care isn't still needed.

GoldenHurricane 06-17-2014 09:19 PM

On Saturday I had to go to an urgent care facility. There are two urgent care facilities at Lake Sumter Landing, 411 and Lake Regional urgent care. I called both before hand to see who was on duty. 411 had a PA seeing patients while LRUC had an M.D. I chose the latter and was really pleased with the professional treatment I received at LRUC. My neighbor had used LRUC in the past and was pleased with them as well. I had less than a 30 minute wait time before I saw the doctor. I highly recommend LRUC, 910 Old Camp Road #114, (352) 259-4322. They are open seven days a week, closing at 7 PM weekdays and 5 PM Saturday and Sunday.

Lauren Sweeny 06-18-2014 01:21 AM

Note ! New medical interns and residents come to their first experience at medical facilities during the summer months around the country. Check by asking your medical person how long they have been practicing not just schooling!

Bizdoc 06-18-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauren Sweeny (Post 894756)
Note ! New medical interns and residents come to their first experience at medical facilities during the summer months around the country. Check by asking your medical person how long they have been practicing not just schooling!

Since neither Leesburg nor TVRH are teaching hospitals, you aren't likely to ever encounter an intern or a resident.

Cisco Kid 06-18-2014 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach (Post 894707)
That is the funniest post I ever read. The question was asked in 2008 and the answer is today in 2014. I hope urgent care isn't still needed.

That's Urgent Care for ya. :bigbow:

Bogie Shooter 06-18-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coach (Post 894707)

I agee.:a040:

TOTV Team 06-19-2014 06:11 PM

We have changed this users status to Eternal Member.