Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   roaches (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/roaches-115941/)

DonnaMan 05-27-2014 02:06 PM

roaches

thinking of moving to Florida which I never ever thought I would until I visited the Villages. How is the "bug" situation down there I know tropical but roaches really freak me out? What is the truth at the Villages??

Bogie Shooter 05-27-2014 02:11 PM

We got'em. Not anymore of a problem here than anywhere else. Should be way down (or off) your list.
Some folks have a professional service spray the perimeter of their homes, others do it themselves.

Mikeod 05-27-2014 02:13 PM

We have a pest service and I think we've seen four roaches in eight years. Lost count of the anoles, though! :wave:

Villageshooter 05-27-2014 02:16 PM

if you spray,, and pay someone to do it,, they will guarantee you will be bug free,, and will come back and re-apply to the point you will be at risk for cancer!
if your looking for a reason to not move,, you can use the bug issue, but it really is not a big problem.

DonnaMan 05-27-2014 02:16 PM

I can't stand those bugs and they scare me to death. What about SINK HOLES, I would like info on that too.

Villageshooter 05-27-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaMan (Post 883915)
I can't stand those bugs and they scare me to death. What about SINK HOLES, I would like info on that too.

SINKHOLES?????
oh buddy are you opening up a can or worms,, whatever you do dont ask about dog poop,,,

Cisco Kid 05-27-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageshooter (Post 883924)
SINKHOLES?????
oh buddy are you opening up a can or worms,, whatever you do dont ask about dog poop,,,

It has been over a week on both the poo / sinkholes
we are long overdo

Lovey2 05-27-2014 02:43 PM

I lived in SW FL for 23 years before coming here, so I'm fairly immune to the Florida pests. I have to say, I have not seen 1 roach since I have been in The Villages...April was a year. Really....NOWHERE! NOT NEVER!! I am shocked. And just recently our little anole population seems to be growing.

Villageshooter 05-27-2014 02:46 PM

we are starting to get some big anoles around if you know what i mean,,,

784caroline 05-27-2014 02:56 PM

The black running snakes ( and common sense) take care of most of the roaches...it is the fruit rats you have to be worried about.

jnieman 05-27-2014 03:14 PM

lived her six years and have never seen a roach or a spider. We use Massey for pest control. Have a few ants here and there, but one phone call takes care of that.

gomoho 05-27-2014 04:21 PM

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageshooter (Post 883937)
we are starting to get some big anoles around if you know what i mean,,,

rdhdleo 05-27-2014 04:25 PM

We have been here 12 years and there are many factors that contribute to bugs. I hate the roaches or some like to make them seem nice and call them Palmettos. We have had many pest control companies since we moved here and there were times I saw quite few roaches! We have used Massey for a couple of years now and haven't had much of a problem but even with pest control they can and do get in it's just pretty rare. They love palm trees! I've only seen the common house spiders not the dangerous ones but they also do exist! Most pest control places will not guarantee you won't see spiders even Massey. Then yes there's the darn snakes....ugh The anoles you will learn to co-exist with no getting away from them, I've been told if you don't see them much there most likely is a snake nearby. So I like seeing them LOL And I see way more bugs down here than I ever did up north!. That said I love it her :)

mulligan 05-27-2014 05:15 PM

Did anybody really think that 110,000 people have roaches running rampant ?

Bogie Shooter 05-27-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaMan (Post 883914)

Do a search on this site, you will get enough posts to keep you up till midnight reading them all. Most likely you will only be more confused.............

for example here is a thread with 95 posts! https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...tivity-112224/

Now, please don't bring it up again.:beer3: