Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   WHERE TO GO EAT TO AVOID THE CROWDS (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/where-go-eat-avoid-crowds-11612/)

Indy-Guy 01-30-2008 06:45 PM

WHERE TO GO EAT TO AVOID THE CROWDS

I live near Cane Garden Country Club and have been going to Wildwood to eat to avoid the long wait. We go to Beef O'Brady's on 301 in Wildwood and have never found it over half full. Also Sonny's on SR 44 same story. I would rather drive for 10 minutes than wait for an hour.

Another good place is The Fisherman which is on SR 44 West of Wildwood don't let the looks of the outside scare you great food and service. They are closed on Monday and Tuesday I think so call before going. It is on the North side of the road after you go over a long bridge. About 8 miles from I-75.

Are there other good places to go this time of the year with little or no wait that is worth the drive?

Floridagal 01-30-2008 07:34 PM

Re: WHERE TO GO EAT TO AVOID THE CROWDS

I found the best solution. Eat at home.......lol

Seriously, I don't know of any good restaurant that is not crowded.

golfnut 01-30-2008 08:00 PM

Go early.

MMC24 01-30-2008 08:59 PM

Seriously, we eat more at home rather than fight the crowds on a daily basis. After dinner we venture out in the GC for a dance or two at one of the centers. Come the later part of April thru Nov. things will return back to normal. (If anything is actually normal in TV)

Taltarzac 01-30-2008 09:42 PM

Have rarely seen Crispers near the CR466 Publix busy around 7pm when I go there to pick up take-out. Not sure how much later they are open though in the evenings. :dontknow:

Taltarzac 01-30-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barb1191
We have found a solution to waiting in crowded restaurants. We order takeout by phone and have no waiting when we pick our order up. Love it. Even better, Carrabas and Outback even deliver your takeout to your car when you pull up there.

barb1191

I have found that the fries sometimes get a bit soggy though during the trip from the restaurants to home. Beef O 'Bradys fries, for instance, are better when they are eaten in the restaurant.

The Great Fumar 01-30-2008 11:46 PM

Tough to find a place to eat in Jan. feb. & Mar. and you can't go early enough to miss the crowds ...all of florida is this way ..... No easy answer ...sorry

waiting in line fumar

Muncle 01-31-2008 12:24 AM

I figure the Mexican place in the Target/Circuit City shopping center shouldn't be too crowded. I thought the food was terrible.

efrahin 02-01-2008 02:02 AM

One night in December we have no place to go to eat and I suggested the Mexican Restaurante. We look through the windows and did not like what we saw, besides the poor lighthing. We ended up someplace else. Always look before you go how clean the place is, are the windows clean, how are the tables set up, the look of the employees..... it does tell you a lot about the place and does not take too long to check.

The Great Fumar 02-01-2008 05:24 AM

I should mention that their is a soup kitchen in Wildwood ...that has very fast service.....Its called
THE SOUP KITCHEN...

zcaveman 02-02-2008 03:27 AM

I prefer eating lunch out rather than dinner. Less crowds. And if you eat late enough (2-3) it can be dinner. Then just a bowl of ice cream or pie made earlier at home.