Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Never head North too early!!!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/never-head-north-too-early-11634/)

Irish Rover 02-01-2008 03:04 PM

Never head North too early!!!!!

I just made the biggest mistake I have made in six years. We normally spend Jan/Feb in TV each year, but this year I thought we should cancel February and return early to enjoy some of the grandkids' activities. BIG MISTAKE. I drove straight through from TV to ST. Louis and along the way we hit torrential rain, tornado warnings, gusting winds (up to 50 mph) and finally snow flurries. Took me 15 hours which was OK but the best was yet to come.

We weren't here for 24 hours when we were treated to 8 inches of snow. I don't know how long this is going to last but next year we will settle for pics from the family on all winter activities. Can't wait for January to roll around.

Hope it's a beautiful day in TV.

Rover

jerseygirl008 02-01-2008 03:47 PM

Re: Never head North too early!!!!!

Hey Rover: You just reminded me WHY I want to move out of NJ and join all the TVers. I will be a fulltimer, now, for sure. No doubts left for me. Now that you are safely there, enjoy those kids.

Irish Rover 02-01-2008 04:04 PM

Thanks Jersygirl. Ironically, one of the big activities we were going to attend today was cancelled due to snow. Go figure. :dontknow: Enjoy TV. It's one of the great places in the USA. :)

nONIE 02-01-2008 04:45 PM

AND,.....

never head south too late!!

Would ya believe we were leaving early this morning for TV and woke up at 6:00 AM to a yukky ice storm!!! Now postpned till tomorrow. Hope we get out of here, getting up that early two days in a row is not my idea of fun!!! >:(

redwitch 02-01-2008 08:00 PM

Irish, hoping we all get to meet you next January!

Jersey, hurry up and get here, girl.

Nonie, drive carefully and lmk when you're settled.

Irish Rover 02-01-2008 08:12 PM

Red - I missed the get together in January because of a commitment in Ocala but I won't miss it next January. It looked like you all had fun.
Right now I'm watching a group of fellows shovel the snow from our driveway and street. Love those subdivision amenities. :) I miss my sunscreen already.

MMC24 02-01-2008 08:18 PM

Reminds me why we only head back north in the July-Aug. time frame for a CT/RI family visit. Winter Burrrrrrrrr cold