Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Superbowl 42--The Old Mill Playhouse cannot show the NFL's 42nd Superbowl (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/superbowl-42-old-mill-playhouse-cannot-show-nfls-42nd-superbowl-11648/)

Taltarzac 02-02-2008 01:24 PM

Superbowl 42--The Old Mill Playhouse cannot show the NFL's 42nd Superbowl

Got what looks like an "official" e-mail from the Villages' Theatres (dated Feb 1, 2008 at 9:06 pm)

"To all of our recipients who receive the weekly e-letter. This is a special notice that needs your immediate attention!!!

'The NFL is prohibiting us from showing the SuperBowl on our Big Screen.

We regret any inconvenience that this causes anyone who planned on watching the Game at The Old Mill Playhouse.'"

That's too bad. Had thought this might happen. >:(

Anyone that was planning on going should probably double check this. Old Mill Playhouse's phone number for this event was listed as (352) 750-5580

redwitch 02-02-2008 01:54 PM

Re: The Old Mill Playhouse cannot show the NFL 42nd Superbowl

It was in the paper this morning, too. So probably no need to call, just make it official that there's no Superbowl at Old Mill. Too bad, it sounded like it would be fun there.

I did call Katie Belle's to see if they were going to be able to show the Superbowl since they have such a large screen. The lady I talked to had no clue. Told me to call between 2:00 and 4:00 to make reservations (if any were still available).

Taltarzac 02-02-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch
It was in the paper this morning, too. So probably no need to call, just make it official that there's no Superbowl at Old Mill. Too bad, it sounded like it would be fun there.

I did call Katie Belle's to see if they were going to be able to show the Superbowl since they have such a large screen. The lady I talked to had no clue. Told me to call between 2:00 and 4:00 to make reservations (if any were still available).

Thanks, Red. Is that on the Sports page? Have not looked at that part of the Villages Daily Sun yet.

I know that they were going to show the 42nd Superbowl at the Old Mill Playhouse free to the people who were lucky enough to get in line in time to be the first 300, but were also advertising a "Big Game Concession Special" for $12.00 of bottomless popcorn and fountain drinks. That sounds like something that the NFL would take issue with as well as with the "mixed drinks, beer and wine" listed on their flyer.

Taltarzac 02-02-2008 02:36 PM

Red. I see that the announcement is on page three of the Local section of the Villages Daily Sun (February 2, 2008) that the Old Mill Playhouse was forced to cancel the big game showing due to NFL regulations against showing the game on large screens.

Sgt Mac 02-02-2008 05:33 PM

Re: Superbowl 42--The Old Mill Playhouse cannot show the NFL's 42nd Superbowl

Thats the way it goes ::)
Da Sgt

dadspet 02-02-2008 09:45 PM

We were really forward to this. We went last year and it was great. Talk about a large screen with comfortable rocking chairs and popcorn - it was hard to beat!
Oh Well - life goes on here - might have to play golf instead ( with my glow in the dark balls)!

Taltarzac 02-02-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadspet
We were really forward to this. We went last year and it was great. Talk about a large screen with comfortable rocking chairs and popcorn - it was hard to beat!
Oh Well - life goes on here - might have to play golf instead ( with my glow in the dark balls)!

I had thought that did this last year but was not sure.

I try to go to almost every movie that they show on the biggest screen at the Old Mill Playhouse because it is a nice experience to see them on such a big canvas. As long as I am not sitting in the front three or four rows that is. Missed out on 27 Dresses on the largest screen at OLP though.

Taltarzac 02-03-2008 06:26 PM

I see they are still advertising for the Superbowl 42 showing at the Old Mill Playhouse (OMP) in Sunday's Villages Daily Sun paper. Hope no TOTV users in TV show up for this event thinking it is still going to happen.

They were showing Atonement in the biggest theater at the OMP the last I looked.

Saw Atonement last week. Beautifully acted and filmed movie even if it is a bit more of a chick flick than I had expected.