Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   CHAT ......... yadda, yadda, yadda (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/chat-yadda-yadda-yadda-11703/)

ConeyIsBabe 02-05-2008 06:07 PM

CHAT ......... yadda, yadda, yadda

Yesterday evening I ventured into the chat room, for the first time, as a newbie wannabee. I'm NOT a chatter. On another senior website I frequent, there is a very popular chat mode that I enter occasionally (when I'm very bored) but there seems to be many personality conflicts and cliques and it's a total turn-off.

My first experience at the TOTV CHAT ROOM was delightful and fun. There were about a dozen participants and I can't remember all the names but I would like to express my THANKS for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to more yadda, yadda, yaddas ;D

KathieI 02-05-2008 06:19 PM

Re: CHAT ......... yadda, yadda, yadda

Coney, you were delightful also. We enjoyed chatting with you and helping you through the ordeal of icons and smileys. We were hoping we didn't scare you too much, but as I said last night, she's a New Yorker, nothing scares her and she's smart!! We all stick together, right!

Please join us again soon. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we had about 14 in chat, which is a lot of people and sometimes its very hard to keep up with the pace. But you, as well as the other newbies (gosh, I hate that word) who were on, did well also. It was very impressive.

See ya in chat!!!

Kathie (the shy one) :redface:

Donna 02-05-2008 07:53 PM

Coney,
It was so nice meeting you and having you with us in chat..It was fun for us as well..
Hope to see you and many others in chat again...
Donna

Hyacinth Bucket 02-06-2008 01:06 AM

Re: CHAT ........

Hi CIB - like your new picture. Most of our snow melted today with the rain.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I see you have already learned our language. You are definitely a fast learner.

Looking forward to sitting next to you tonight. One thing though - Our Kathie is very shy, she sometimes needs prompting to chat. ;)

HB

handieman 02-06-2008 01:15 AM

Sigh, Coney my dear, you will never be the same since you took that fatefull venture into the TOTV chatroom. You will become addicted and I'm sure some of us will tarnish your shiny halo (well I speak for myself anyway), but rest assured you will survive with a list of names that will soon become your new friends. God love us if we ever get together at the same time in real life. :yikes:
Handie :joke:

Hyacinth Bucket 02-06-2008 01:20 AM

Coney, it is so true what Handie says. Before joining Chat, Handie, was a quiet, demure man who kept to himself.

From what I understand he always wore a suit and tie, had his hair slicked back - now look at him!

Now look at what he has turned into. :)

HB

KathieI 02-06-2008 01:21 AM

HB, so you finally realized how much prompting I need to chat..... Its difficult sitting in the corner by myself. :redface: :redface:

You wouldn't want me to start sucking my thumb, now would you??? :bigthumbsup:

Your friend, Kathie :redface:

Hyacinth Bucket 02-06-2008 01:25 AM

Kathie, being the friend that I am, I will sit next to you in the corner. I will give you a drink to hold so that you do not need to suck your thumb.

I am sure Donna will come in, charging in that is, on her white horse and help you. Handie will spur you on, so that you will feel comfortable talking.

Then there is DY, who will count the number of responses you give - to show how you are improving.

You will have the support of everybody in chat to help you overcome your shyness and fear of talking in public. :)

HB

The Great Fumar 02-06-2008 05:45 AM

Coney
I'm the guy that ask you if you knew it the parachute tower was still standing on coney island.....You said you hadn't been there in forty years and I haven't either. But I actually rode it once and I'll never forget it....I was just a kid waiting to go overseas at the time , I know the ride isn't there anymore but the tower might be.....
Hope you enjoyed the chat line last nite , There's a good bunch of guys on there ( nice people) and they are fun to know.......
good luck fumar

ConeyIsBabe 02-06-2008 05:04 PM

to fumar................ YES, of course I rode on The Parachute, many times; also The Cyclone, Steeplechase Park, The Carousel (where I once caught the gold ring and got a free ride). Oh yeah......... two 14-year-old girls skipping school and taking the train to Coney Island ........ fun times !!

Hyacinth Bucket 02-06-2008 05:54 PM

Hi Coney,

I caught that ring also. Do you remember the Hall of Mirrors?

HB

ConeyIsBabe 02-06-2008 06:01 PM

Hyacinth Bucket: yes, I remember that...... and when I was very young, my mother told me not to go "under the boardwalk" cuz that's where the pervs went ! LOL Are there any beach towns left like that ??????????

Hyacinth Bucket 02-06-2008 07:05 PM

Coney, curious which high school did you go to in the Bronx? There is a Bronx club here at TV.

HB

ConeyIsBabe 02-06-2008 10:02 PM

HB........ I was graduated from Wm. H. Taft HS but I doubt if anyone would remember me cuz I was very SHY and had no friends in high school :'(

Hyacinth Bucket 02-06-2008 10:27 PM

Coney, that is what Kathie says about herself. That is why in chat she always sits in the corner.

Question - if two shy people get together does that make them rowdy and boisterous?

I know some teachers who taught their and have a girlfriend who went to one of the high schools in the Bronx - her name is Judy Spielman and she had two sisters who also went to that HS.

I will find out more.

HB