Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Burial or Cremation? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/burial-cremation-11717/)

Avista 02-06-2008 12:10 PM

Burial or Cremation?

Do our members have any thoughts on this?

redwitch 02-06-2008 12:30 PM

Re: Burial or Cremation?

Definitely cremation for me and no funeral services please. Have a party when everyone is ready to celebrate my life (and invite those who would celebrate my death -- hey, it's a party!).

Donna 02-06-2008 12:39 PM

Well to be honest, neither of the two float my boat...

I want to be buried back in NY where all my family are buried..

Cremation is for John, that is what he wants..I have not seen very many Funeral Parlors or Cemetery's near TV... :dontknow:

jerseygirl008 02-06-2008 03:28 PM

Funny this topic would come up. My sister and I recently laughed about our mother's wishes (she is ill and lately all we talk about is Living Will, Power of Attorney, Hospice, etc). My mother would like her cremated ashes to be put on a bookshelf and displayed for, say, 6 months at a time, at each of our homes (six kids). This is after we have a "celebration" of dancing, great music from broadway shows, all in her honor. My sister has nightmares about the placement of the ashes. We laugh about it alot but it is such a dang serious thing to ponder.

Me, I'm with you Red; cremate and party, celebrate and dance. Then spread my ashes over the river (my favorite place). I would not require my kids share possession of my ashes, yuck. Great topic.

Russ_Boston 02-06-2008 03:34 PM

:agree: with Red and JG - quick cremation and then out to the golf course (Havana or Cane).

nONIE 02-06-2008 03:39 PM

Donna, Im with you, dont like the idea of either but are there any other alternatives?? ::)

Village Kid 2 02-06-2008 04:03 PM

Well, since my cremation is already paid for, that's the route for me - just not sure where the ashes should go. I kinda like Mr. Schwartz's idea of being in his statue in the square at Spanish Springs. Something to ponder for hopefully the next 30+ years.......

VK

DickY 02-06-2008 04:10 PM

I have discussed this with my family and cremation is my choice with internment at Arlington, and the drinks are on me. :beer2:

ejp52 02-06-2008 04:25 PM

My wife has made arrangements with a taxidermist. :joke:

nONIE 02-06-2008 04:38 PM

OMG, there is an alternative!! something to think about, would I make a nice shelf piece?hmmmmm! :clap2:

MMC24 02-06-2008 04:45 PM

My plan is to live forever . . so far I'm right on target.

handieman 02-06-2008 04:49 PM

AAACHOOO
Oh geesh so much for my ashes....HONEY?? Wheres the vacumn cleaner?
Handie :joke:

Hancle704 02-06-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna
.I have not seen very many Funeral Parlors or Cemetery's near TV... :dontknow:

There are many Pack n' Ship locations to chose from. Seriously, I believe that many folks who die in Florida have their remains or cremains shipped back to be close to family.

ConeyIsBabe 02-06-2008 05:23 PM

When I retired at age 60, I signed up and prepaid with The Neptune Society. So far, I haven't needed to use their services ;D ;D ;D

SteveZ 02-06-2008 05:41 PM

May y'all live forever......and may the last voice you hear be mine!