Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   I, TechnoIdiot (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/i-technoidiot-11734/)

Boomer 02-07-2008 02:04 PM

I, TechnoIdiot

This is not the first time I have finally decided to just go ahead and embarrass myself by asking what I am sure is a completely idiotic question about the technology we use here.

Here goes:

I sent a PM and and got a response. Sent another one. Got a response.

But, as fate would have it, instead of just starting a new message as my response, I tried to do a reply.

I wrote the message, digressing, as I am wont to do. - so needless to say, I had invested a little time in it.

Anyway, I sent it. I sent it TO MYSELF.

I can see the message. It taunts me. It taunts me even more because it needs some editing that I missed first go round.

I cannot find a forward button anywhere or I would simply forward it. And I cannot figure out how to get back in to edit.

So there. I asked. I have no shame anymore.

Boomer

villages07 02-07-2008 02:14 PM

Re: I, TechnoIdiot

BB,

Here's one method....

Go into the message you sent to yourself. In the body of the text, highlight all the text with you mouse; on the menu line of your browser, click on EDIT then COPY. This copies your text into the computer's clipboard.

Next, start a brand new PM to your intended recipient. After creating the subject line, click your mouse into the empty message/text area; now go back up to the menu line of the browser and click EDIT then PASTE. This puts the previously copied text into the message box and you can change/add away.

Hopefully, this wasn't too techie for you.

Boomer 02-07-2008 02:40 PM

Re: I, TechnoIdiot

Thank you, Villages07,

I will try that later.

There was a skit about this. I think it was on Saturday Night Live. The tech people had to keep coming in to fix things for people like me. Well, that was me when I worked. But fortunately, I knew how to do a few other things around there so they kept me.

It can get embarrassing sometimes though.

I know this has to be a flaw in my personality or something. I just need to sit myself down and learn to do this. -or maybe it's some kind of right-brained/left-brained thing.

I think I need to go meet this Clipboard thing. This is not the first time I have been told about it, but I have put off the meeting. That's why I end up skulking into my old posts and editing them.

It sounds like Clipboard could become my new best friend.

Thank you. - and I really am going to try this later. But for today, I must step away from this infernal machine, and I have a feeling learning new technology is going to take a little while.

BB