Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Girl Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/girl-talk-11767/)

Barefoot 02-09-2008 01:29 PM

Girl Talk

I thought I'd start a thread so we can talk about girly stuff like self esteem, sushi, pedicures, sex after 50, etc, and the guys can't hear us. And we can go off topic as often as we want. :clap2:

Guys, don't read this, it is for girls only. Handie, this includes you!!

BBB, Nonie and Donna: I just know you've got some stuff to say!!

Boomer 02-09-2008 01:40 PM

Re: Girl Talk

BAD, Barefoot, BAD, BAD, BAD...

I will try to resist this thread.

But you know that - like my screen name says - I will, in fact, be back.

OK. I must confess. One of my biggest fears about living in TV for long periods of time is that I will have to leave my hairdresser. She is one heck of a chemist. She is so good that people are surprised that it is a dye job. The problem is that parts of my hair are snow white (prematurely, of course) and she can make all that go away. But she has to use Wella, in addition to another step or two in the process. Nobody in TV uses Wella. At least, I could not find a place when I was there.

Well, that didn't take long did it?

redwitch 02-09-2008 01:52 PM

BBB, you're looking at this all wrong. Once you get here, you can still use BBB but in reverse. You can visit "home" just for your hairdresser. Who knows, maybe you can convince her to take vacations here. Do your hair for a day or two of R&R.

Hyacinth Bucket 02-09-2008 01:58 PM

BBB - I do not know where your white streak is, but when I see women with a natural white streak - I have always thought how striking. Must admit, I have never seen any woman with a white streak that did not look attractive.

I do not think I will be able to resist this thread either.

As for schedules and TOTV, like Mark Twain said about giving up cigarettes, he gave up cigarettes after everyone he had. So, following in Mark Twain's foot steps, I will give up on TOTV until I pick up next time - probably in five minutes or less.

BF - Great topic. I liked what you wrote on RW's thread. Glad you did not mention Kathie, you know how shy and retiring she is.

So BF :agree: :bigthumbsup: and will :beer3: :beer2: to this idea and I am :hot: :2excited: :hot: :2excited: about this thread. 040 040 040

Hyacinth Bucket

Barefoot 02-09-2008 02:00 PM

BBB, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist this thread!! ;) Streaks of snow white sound sexy and sophisticated to me!! Further to your Wella problem, my husband (Mr. Wallethead) has been suggesting I stop colouring my hair. :yikes: In one way, it is appealing. I am tired of the aggravation and really don't like dyes going into my brain. On the other hand, I don't want to look in the mirror and see my grandmother! :dontknow:

Colour or not? What do you do?

Hyacinth Bucket 02-09-2008 02:01 PM

Red, since BBB's hair dresser is so good, maybe we can create a schedule and have her do all of our hair.

Red the picture of you and Jess is one of my favorites on TOTV - sorry JohnnyM

HB

Boomer 02-09-2008 02:04 PM

RW,

We have actually laughed about doing just that. My hairdresser is close to my age and neither of us is planning to go gently.

The other part of the problem is that my hair grows really fast. The snow white part is right on top. When it comes in, if I don't get it done right away, from a distance, I begin to look like Friar Tuck.

Wella is made in Germany I think. But P&G now owns it. When I met my hairdresser, I was desperate. My former hairdresser had turned my roots a festive shade of pink, trying to cover all the white with a product that just could not do it anymore. Wella is higher in pigment I think than some of the others. I pay through the nose at this salon, but it is a luxury I can't give up.

"Vanity, thy name is woman."

Hyacinth Bucket 02-09-2008 02:05 PM

BF my hubby says the same thing. But when I see those roots out comes the bottle. I have my own professional hair colorist - my hubby. He prefers Loreal's products and says the one that has color's gray does a better job.

HB

redwitch 02-09-2008 02:10 PM

I don't think I like you guys. I was gonna wait another week to do the roots but now I feel like I have to go out and buy the bottles and do my stuff. UGH

IT. IS. ALL. YOUR. FAULT!!!!!

Hyacinth Bucket 02-09-2008 02:18 PM

Red, just checked with Hubby - he says if you byob - he will do it for you this time.

He has over a decade of experience.

HB

redwitch 02-09-2008 02:22 PM

Tell him he's on! What time would he like me there? hehehehehehehe

(I'm hoping byob is bring your own brand! And I like L'Oreal, too.)

Boomer 02-09-2008 02:33 PM

OK.

Now I am really jealous.

I cannot BYOB because nothing OTC will cover my big white spot that is right on top. If it were only a streak, I would let it go.

I can't score Wella on the street. Salon only.

When my hairdresser had to bring me back from the festive shade of pink where I had been left by my former hairdresser, I was in the chair for hours. She took all the color out. Tried one brand to put it back. Did not get it. Then hit it with Wella. That is the only thing that works. She also finishes the process by adding something called "clear" which closes the cuticle that is roughed up with dye. That brings back the shine. (At least I think that's how it works. - anyway, it works.)

As far as letting it go - How in the world do you do the transition? - not that I am even considering it. I do think that is easier for those with dark hair because they just do the sophisticated salt and pepper thing for awhile.

(OK girls, now we have bored the men to the point of stupefaction so we can talk about other stuff. They will never look back.)

mustleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemustleavemyhouse

Barefoot 02-09-2008 02:34 PM

So far, no-one planning to go grey??? If anyone has gone "natural", how do you make the transition from now to then? Guess I could go try on a grey wig. Ulp. Just the thought of it makes me cringe.

(Red, good luck with Hyacinth's husband, he is obviously a man of many talents.)

Barefoot 02-09-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
put it back. Did not get it. Then hit it with Wella. That is the only thing that works. She (OK girls, now we have bored the men to the point of stupefaction so we can talk about other stuff. They will never look back.) tleavemyhousemustleavemyhousemustleavemyhouse

BBB, that was the point of the hair discussion. To bore the men silly. Alhough your story of pink was fascinating. ;D ;D Now, they're gone and we can talk about face creams that work, sex, lip plumpers, good places to shop for clothes in TV, etc.

For instance Spanx .... (if you haven't tried it, you're missing out).

Barefoot 02-09-2008 02:43 PM

Oh, my tip of the day! Safety pin your socks together before doing your laundry. (2 at a time, silly.) It makes sorting laundry easier and your dryer will never eat another sock.