Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   Heels to Die For (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/heels-die-11790/)

redwitch 02-10-2008 11:35 AM

Heels to Die For

I know we all have a favorite pair of **** me shoes. Describe yours.

Mine are a black, 4" heel. They have a strap that goes around the heel to the outside of the foot, another strap over the toes and a thinner strap cross the top of the foot. I feel so feminine when I wear these shoes. My nice, long stride becomes shorter, the hips sway, the smile gets softer. I LOVE those shoes.

jadebox 02-10-2008 12:53 PM

**** ** Heels

A man invented high heels so let them wear them. ;D

redwitch 02-10-2008 01:18 PM

**** ** Heels

LOL ... I like heels. They're actually more comfortable to me than most flats.

Talk Host 02-10-2008 04:12 PM

Re: **** ** Heels

Be caeful girls!!!!!

redwitch 02-10-2008 04:24 PM

Re: Heels to Die For

:chillout: Jan

Hyacinth Bucket 02-11-2008 04:14 PM

Red, men used to wear heels, but not the high spike kind.

I think it would be great if you wore your high heels to visit Avista. I am sure she will appreciate it.

When my hubby does your hair, you can wear your heels and fancy fish net stockings, if you have them.

This is a true story, you can't make this one up. My husband after seeing his Oncologist for the first time, first thing he said about her - wears spikes with fancy stockings. Obviously they made a definite impression on him.

HB

another Linda 02-11-2008 04:43 PM

I'm afraid I've finally crossed the line. Last summer for the wedding of one of my sons, I had a choice between 2 pairs of heels. Either pair would have been fine. One pair was strappy, sexy, wonderful ... and not so comfortable. The other pair was okay, little chunkier heel, still a sandal but not what you would call strappy, and comfortable. Guess which pair I chose? Sigh. 2 years ago I never would have gone for comfort over wonderful.

Avista 02-12-2008 12:00 PM

A couple of years ago I had Plantar Facitis. (sp) For those of you who have never had it, it is a terrible foot pain. It was weeks before it disappeared. I never want it again, and from that time forward have not worn high heels.

Anyone else out there had this condition.

Mintjulep 02-13-2008 12:33 AM

Yes, I had that heel spur thing for over a year...
Had a few cortizone shots in my heel (which really didn't help) and the shots hurt like the devil. And did all those foot exercises with the towel and on the stairs...
But it finally just went away, thank goodness!!!
Never want that again!!!
And pretty much quit wearing heels after that also. Tho I love the look of them.
But,,, Comfort became KING!!

samhass 02-13-2008 12:41 AM

Yes Avista. I feel your pain. It's Birkenstocks for me.

renielarson 02-13-2008 12:59 AM

I am very fashion conscious about matching my shoes to my clothes...soooooo....I have a pair of brown Birkenstocks, black Birkenstocks, and white Birkenstocks...

Barefoot 02-13-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avista
A couple of years ago I had Plantar Facitis. (sp) For those of you who have never had it, it is a terrible foot pain. It was weeks before it disappeared. I never want it again, and from that time forward have not worn high heels. Anyone else out there had this condition.

Avista, I've had plantar facitis (from exercising too much!!). It lasted for months, not weeks! Very painful. See girls, exercise can be baaaaaaad.

No more 3 inch heels for me, I make sure to wear something always with arch support.
Boring I know, but necessary. But the good news is that you can get arch supports for dressy sandals with heels. ;D

nONIE 02-13-2008 01:23 AM

Dont go to the Webster flea market if you have a heel spur. I walked for 3 hours , looked at nothing but junk and am now in agony. HELP!!! anyone have areally quick remedy for this condition??, Im going to try a jazz class tomorrow and Im afraid I wont be having very much fun with all this pain. Mabe Ill brush up on my ballet and stay on my toes tomorrow! OUCH! doh

nONIE 02-13-2008 02:15 AM

Thankyou Barb,

It was definitely not worth all the walking. Guess I kept hoping things would get better, they couldnt get much worse!!

Think Ill stick to Markets of Marion.

Hyacinth Bucket 02-13-2008 03:07 AM

plantar facitis I had two cortisone shots. They worked like a miracle.

HB