Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Dog Park (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/dog-park-11792/)

Bill345 02-10-2008 05:34 PM

Dog Park

I have been seeing many references to the Dog Park (Doggy Doo Run?) and I am wondering how it works. No one has mentioned it but it sounds like there must be some charge for those using it.

I will be down for a month starting in mid April with my dog--shown in my picture-- and he wants to know what I will do for him in place of his daily walk in the scout camp behind our house.

Can anyone tell me about the park or point me in the direction of past post/ web sites/ etc.?

Thank you

Taltarzac 02-10-2008 05:38 PM

Re: Dog Park

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Banks
I have been seeing many references to the Dog Park (Doggy Doo Run?) and I am wondering how it works. No one has mentioned it but it sounds like there must be some charge for those using it.

I will be down for a month starting in mid April with my dog--shown in my picture-- and he wants to know what I will do for him in place of his daily walk in the scout camp behind our house.

Can anyone tell me about the park or point me in the direction of past post/ web sites/ etc.?

Thank you

This is their old web-site. http://www.doggiedoorun.net/ The directions are a little wrong. The Dogggie Doo Run Run (DDDR) is north on CR101 near the intersection of CR101 and CR104 not CR103 as the directions on the old web-site say.

Bill345 02-10-2008 05:45 PM

Taltarzc. That is just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Taltarzac 02-10-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Taltarzc. That is just what I was looking for. Thanks.

You are welcome. Their new web-site is http://doggiedoorun.homestead.com/home.html

Their directions are still wrong. http://doggiedoorun.homestead.com/Directions.html

CR103 runs parallel to CR101 and never intersects it. CR104 does intersect with CR101 just about ten feet to the north of the entrance to Doggie Doo Run Run.

bscooke 02-12-2008 01:05 PM

Lady Lake Dog Park operates behind the softball fields and driving range on Rolling Acres Road. They are open until noon, 7 days a week. Great bunch of dogs and their fans play there. Take your dog's shot records and a bit of money . . . and have fun!

Taltarzac 02-12-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bscooke
Lady Lake Dog Park operates behind the softball fields and driving range on Rolling Acres Road. They are open until noon, 7 days a week. Great bunch of dogs and their fans play there. Take your dog's shot records and a bit of money . . . and have fun!

How many acres is Lady Lake Dog Park? And, do they seperate the larger dogs from the small guys and gals?

Barefoot 02-13-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

I have been seeing many references to the Dog Park (Doggy Doo Run?) and I am wondering how it works. No one has mentioned it but it sounds like there must be some charge for those using it. I will be down for a month starting in mid April with my dog--shown in my picture-- and he wants to know what I will do for him in place of his daily walk in the scout camp behind our house. Can anyone tell me about the park or point me in the direction of past post/ web sites/ etc.? Thank you

Doggie Doo Run Run costs $25 per month or $3 per visit. Tal gave you directions. The staff there pick up all the dog poop hourly so it is very, very clean. Open all day until 6 PM.

I have two dogs and go there every day. My dogs love it so much, they can hardly wait. There are always people there if you feel like being social, or you can just sit and watch the dogs play.

There are two fenced areas, one for small dogs under 30 lbs, and one for large dogs. There is another 5 acre fenced area where you can get some exercise yourself while walking with your dog.

I am a HUGE fan of DDRR. Hope to see you there!

Barefoot

Bill345 02-13-2008 02:27 PM

We will check this out. It sounds like a great idea.

I was looking at the Villages map and it does not look like you can get there by golf cart or am I wrong?

Of course I am not even sure if I can get Rocky to ride quietly in a Golf cart. It will be an interesting experiment.

Barefoot 02-13-2008 05:21 PM

DDRR is on a Country Road (CR101) which means no golf carts allowed unless they are "street legal". DDRR is not in TV, but is five minutes away. A wonderful place.

I trained both my dogs to ride quietly in my golf cart (one 10 lbs and one 70 lbs). I used halters at first in case they spotted other dogs and wanted to jump out and play. Now they will sit quietly and wait for me while I go the mail box, etc.

They love the Villages and they should! I bought them a Courtyard Villa so they could have a fenced yard, I take them to DDRR every day, I bought a 4 seater golf cart so I'd always have room for them. I think I have doggy OCD. ;D

Taltarzac 02-13-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot at last
DDRR is on a Country Road (CR101) which means no golf carts allowed unless they are "street legal". DDRR is not in TV, but is five minutes away. A wonderful place.

I trained both my dogs to ride quietly in my golf cart (one 10 lbs and one 70 lbs). I used halters at first in case they spotted other dogs and wanted to jump out and play. Now they will sit quietly and wait for me while I go the mail box, etc.

They love the Villages and they should! I bought them a Courtyard Villa so they could have a fenced yard, I take them to DDRR every day, I bought a 4 seater golf cart so I'd always have room for them. I think I have doggy OCD. ;D

What are they doing at Doggie Doo Run Run, Barefoot at Last, with the fence that was between the 5 acre field and the big dog section?

My 14 lb chihuahua/terrier mix, Sport, got through the fence on the 5 acre exercise yard at DDRR a few weeks ago and I have not been back to that exercise area for fear that Sport will get through the fence again unless they have fixed this problem for smaller dogs? He still has a bit of fear of larger dogs because he was bit at DDRR by a Weimaraner mix named Jesse James back in August of 2007.

Casual Carol 02-13-2008 09:22 PM

Is the dog park sprayed for critters? Watch out for ticks and fleas. Make sure your dog
takes flea and tick medicine (and year round heartworm). Maybe I'm a little overprotective
of my dogs, but do be carefull.

Barefoot 02-14-2008 05:10 AM

Tal, I've been told that the fence is being replaced, not eliminated. I don't blame Sport for being afraid of larger dogs. What an unfortunate thing to happen. I've been told they watch for aggressive dogs and immediately tell the owners not to return. Do you know if Jesse James is still allowed at DDRR?

Carol, my doggies are on Revolution year round (for fleas, ticks and heartworm). I've heard the DDRR owners talking about spraying and they are very conscientious. I'm sure they must spray for fire ants as they are so toxic to dogs.

Taltarzac 02-14-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Tal, I've been told that the fence is being replaced, not eliminated. I don't blame Sport for being afraid of larger dogs. What an unfortunate thing to happen. I've been told they watch for aggressive dogs and immediately tell the owners not to return. Do you know if Jesse James is still allowed at DDRR?

Carol, my doggies are on Revolution year round (for fleas, ticks and heartworm). I've heard the DDRR owners talking about spraying and they are very conscientious. I'm sure they must spray for fire ants as they are so toxic to dogs.

Barefoot, the DDRR owners banned the Weimaraner mix Jesse James from all parts of the dog park plus the couple who had the dog were so upset by Jesse's actions I doubt they would want to bring him back. Remember a Dalmatian which actually bit one of the pooper scoopers (human) on the leg, and the lady who owned the dog kept on trying to bring the dog back. Some of the dogs try to eat poop, that's why I qualified "pooper scoopers" with "human".

Have wondered about the fence around the big field having smaller grids so that Sport could go back there when there are very few big dogs back there. In December, he fit right through the back field fence but came back through it when I called him.

Taltarzac 07-18-2008 12:01 PM

From a reliable source at Doggie Doo Run Run they are no longer allowing the free first time visits as mentioned in both of their rather dated web-sites. New one-- http://doggiedoorun.homestead.com/home.html

Old one dated about 2004 and 2005-- http://www.doggiedoorun.net/

F16 1UB 07-18-2008 12:22 PM

Tal,

Just wondered if you've been to the new park on TV property or heard pro/con about it?

F16