Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Feminine Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/)
-   -   As women age, what is the thing they miss most about their youth? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/feminine-forum-111/women-age-what-thing-they-miss-most-about-their-youth-11840/)

Talk Host 02-13-2008 02:42 PM

As women age, what is the thing they miss most about their youth?

Is it possible to answer this question?

KathieI 02-13-2008 03:05 PM

Re: As women age, what is the thing they miss most about their youth?

Easy to answer for me --- being skinny!!!! Also, losing weight when I diet, seems as we age, its almost impossible to take pounds off unless you totally fast...

Kath

Donna 02-13-2008 03:12 PM

I personally miss not having to wear glasses to read..It drives me crazy that I cannot read with out them..

KathieI 02-13-2008 03:38 PM

But, English, its much more obvious with the men, isn't it.?? I presumed that's why Jan was asking the women.

Oops!! Did shy Kathie say that :redface: :redface:

Rokinronda 02-13-2008 04:07 PM

;D I miss the energy I once had. Good thing KB's closes at 11:00. Seldom do I last until then! Unless Rocky is playing 8) :bigthumbsup:

KathieI 02-13-2008 04:08 PM

English, you got that right, especially to themselves.... Kath

ConeyIsBabe 02-13-2008 05:09 PM

I have to agree with Rokinronda. My size hasn't changed but my energy level is in the dump; plus bad back and bad knees have really slowed me down :'(

beady 02-13-2008 05:10 PM

I can honestly say that what I miss most about my youth, is looking in the mirror and not seeing a young person,even though I still think and feel young. Otherwise I am as happy, having as much ,in a different sort of way,fun as in my youth.

::) ::) ::)

another Linda 02-13-2008 05:21 PM

So far, I'm in relatively good health although I do have more aches and pains, and less stamina than I did. But all in all, I would have to say that I am very content at this stage of my life. Weight has become a constant battle, but my husband seems to like me the way I am. My hearing is getting worse as is my eyesight, but so far I'm not slowed down by that. So what do I miss most? I have a hard time coming up with much of anything.

Linda in La La Land

villages07 02-13-2008 05:51 PM

What I miss most.... is pain-free joints and being able to do hours of exercise without being sore.

redwitch 02-13-2008 05:52 PM

I miss that I can't bend as easily. That getting up from the floor means I have to use my hands. So, the flexibility.

I wouldn't mind losing some weight but truth be told I'm too lazy to bother so that's my own fault. I've worn glasses since I was about 13, so that's a non-issue for me. I wouldn't mind not having arthritis or acid reflux or a couple of other health issues that are more common with age. Oh, and could someone please take the wrinkles from my neck (don't mind them on my face, just hate them on my neck).

islandgal 02-13-2008 07:29 PM

I miss energy, tight skin, flat belly

Did you see the video I posted in Girl Talk (Ok Gals - gotta get back to those exercises!!) about the 84-year old woman who is as flexible as a teenager?

chelsea24 02-14-2008 12:43 AM

I miss the young men, yummmmmmmy

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/atmeow.gif

nONIE 02-14-2008 04:12 PM

Standing in the schoolyard belting out Connie Francis songs!!!

WHERE----THE BOYS ARE, SOMEONE WAITS FOR ME,lol lol

Barefoot 02-16-2008 04:03 AM

What do I miss the most about my youth? Knowing that my life is stretching out endlessly before me, and not even being able to imagine that I'd ever grow old. Ahhh, the innocence of it.