Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Time is going faster in TV!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/time-going-faster-tv-11842/)

nONIE 02-13-2008 02:57 PM

Time is going faster in TV!!!

It seems as tho time is literally speeding up in The Villages. Time goes fast enough back north but here it seems impossible to do everything in a day that you set out to do!!

Does anyone seem to have this problem or is it just me trying to cram too much into 1 day?

I wish time would slow down a little I just cant seem to keep up with it!! :dontknow:

Donna 02-13-2008 03:02 PM

Re: Time is going faster in TV!!!

Noni,

When we are in TV, the time speeds by..

Here in Pa it goes in slow motion... :'(

nONIE 02-13-2008 03:21 PM

Perhaps a little less time spent in TOTV hmmmm?

The hands on the clock are spinning around before my eyes! HELP!!!!!! :yikes:

Irish Rover 02-13-2008 03:44 PM

Nonie - we are back in Missouri now after spending January in TV. The time went so fast that it seems we were not even there. Usually we stay for two months but the family wanted us back for February events at schools, etc. I have already told them that next year they will have to email us a description of the events because we are back to staying Jan/Feb. I hope you aren't planning to come back North until this cold weather is gone.
Good Luck. :bigthumbsup:

efrahin 02-13-2008 04:02 PM

It seems that the older you get, the faster time goes by.

DickY 02-13-2008 04:25 PM

Except when you are waiting for that retirement date to happen so you can get to TV. ;)

Just Susan 02-13-2008 06:53 PM

Amen to that DickY!!

efrahin 02-13-2008 07:30 PM

Good point Dicky, and on a relate theme: How long have people been waiting to sell their house. Today the news said that people are finding out that the mortgage they owe is more than the selling price of their homes. I am waiting to sell my house, fortunately I have no mortgage but I have lowered the price and nothing happens. We are in Long Island NY. How is the market on other parts of the country??

chuckinca 02-13-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efrahin
Good point Dicky, and on a relate theme: How long have people been waiting to sell their house. Today the news said that people are finding out that the mortgage they owe is more than the selling price of their homes. I am waiting to sell my house, fortunately I have no mortgage but I have lowered the price and nothing happens. We are in Long Island NY. How is the market on other parts of the country??

About ten years ago, my then next door neighbor had his house on the market for two years. He lowered his price about ten percent and it sold. A year later we put our house on the market and it sold in 4 days for about 20% more than what the neighbor got for the same house - and 5K over the asking price.

efrahin 02-13-2008 09:18 PM

I guess it is only a matter of time and luck. I have already lowered the price. The market conditions are bad here in LI. I will lower the price as needed just to go to TV. There is song that says: I am here but my mind is there....
Thanks for the comments.

nONIE 02-13-2008 09:33 PM

Hey,

no hijacking my thread! :cus:

Barefoot 02-14-2008 06:00 AM

I've been in TV almost four months now, feel like four weeks!! I can't fit in half the things I want to do. I think most people feel that way.

I have to leave in April and return to Canada (USA only allows us to stay 183 days in 365). I dread leaving. I can't bear to leave my Villa and my golf cart and the Villages lifestyle. You'll hear me kicking and screaming as I leave TV.

Sadly
Barefoot >:(

JohnN 02-14-2008 03:07 PM

actually, think about it, time does go faster as you age,

when you're 10 years old , a year is 10% more of your life as you turn 11

when you're 50, another year is only 2% more, and less % = faster time in a relative sense

psychologically, it does indeed move faster

nONIE 02-14-2008 03:26 PM

ooooohhhhhh John! You and 12 ride make my head spin! Whatever you say :agree:

Bill345 02-14-2008 03:29 PM

JohnN--You are the first person I have met who thinks like me about the time is faster idea. I had no idea someone else was as strange as I am ;)