Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/obama-what-will-he-do-president-questions-answers-11844/)

Guest 02-13-2008 04:18 PM

OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers

Here are some questions I'd like to ask Barack Obama Hussein:

Here are a few questions for Osama Obama
What exactly is he going to CHANGE in the USA?
Why are you for slavery reparations?
How can we trust someone with TWO (2) muslim fathers?
How can we trust someone who "belongs" to a racist church?
What exactly will he do to combat the islamic threat to the USA and to other countries?
What kind of tax structure does he propose for us?
How will he reform social security?
What does he propose for health care and how do we pay?
What will he do to upgrade and reform our military?
What does he propose for homosexual marriage?
What does he propose for gun control?
What does he propose for illegal immigration, closing the borders, and the millions of illegal immigrants in the USA?
plus one hundred more questions concerning the future of the USA.

I hope I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'd love to hear some intelligent answers from Obama supporters.

Guest 02-13-2008 04:27 PM

Re: OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers

http://www.votesmart.org/npat.php?can_id=9490#408

Guest 02-13-2008 04:36 PM

English,
If I received this via telephone, I would consider it PUSH POLLING.

I would hang up on the person.

Guest 02-13-2008 04:57 PM

I suppose the questions posed could be viewed as push polling. Since I am not a political correctness advocate or political jargon tuned.....I just sorta thought they were d_ _ _ good questions. Whether these or other specifics the rah-rah, media driven non thinkers should at least want to know more about this guy.

Push polling or what ever ....the silent majority....Democrats and Republicans....better understand what the candidate of their party is....how he thinks...what he believes...or doesn't.

I personally think it is sad to have to by default accept these are the best candidates America has to offer.....THEY ARE NOT!!!

I am all for opening them up and exposing them to any and all questions and yes even badgering if they espouse just political schmoozing.

The next President will have to have what it takes to lead us when we are attacked again ala 9/11....remember the experts remind us it is not if it will happen but when.

Who do you want in that oval office? Ya better know what they are made of......screw political correctness or not wanting to hurt some ones feelings.

BTK

Guest 02-13-2008 05:18 PM

I do need to stand up for the church Barack Obama and his family attend, The United Church of Christ.

The United Church of Christ is in a relationship of full communion with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Presbyterian Church (USA), and the Reformed Church in America through a formal declaration known as the Formula of Agreement, with the Union Evangelischer Kirchen (Union of Evangelical Churches) in Germany, and with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) through an ecumenical partnership. The church is a founding member of Churches Uniting in Christ and is in dialogue about deeper relations with the Alliance of Baptists. It is a member of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA (NCC), the World Alliance of Reformed Churches (WARC), and the World Council of Churches. The UCC also allies with other denominations in support of Church World Service efforts in domestic and foreign development and relief efforts.

The United Church of Christ is hardly a racist church!

Guest 02-13-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
… Osama Obama … I hope I'm preaching to the choir here ….

Quote:

Posted by Guest
... I would describe myself as a concerned American citizen who wants to have an intelligent discussion ...

This is an intelligent discussion? You were closer the first time with "preaching". Please give us a rest.

Guest 02-13-2008 07:03 PM

These are basic questions that any candidate should be willing to answer. Saying "I will provide health care for all Americans" is not an answer to the question of how will you provide health care, how will you pay for it. These candidates are full of political rhetoric and feel good statements. They will have to answer these and many more questions to get my vote. And if they don't and you vote for them because they sound nice, shame on you. You will get what you deserve. Unfortunately I will have to share that pain as well. This is a VERY intelligent discussion and to think it is not is being naive and accepting them on blind faith. Both candidates should be willing to answer these questions and many more. And English has every right to ask them and expect answers.

Guest 02-13-2008 07:42 PM

In the January 29, 2008 Primary I voted for Barack Obama as I am a registered Democrat and my choices were limited but have no idea whom I might vote for come November. Depends a lot on who is on the Vice Presidential slot as well as who winds up being the Republican candidates.

Guest 02-13-2008 08:59 PM

Don't get me wrong. I don't object to the questions. I do object to the way they are phrased. I can elaborate more after work if you are interested.

Guest 02-13-2008 09:31 PM

English, I'm curious why you are asking all of these questions of Obama. Shouldn't McCain be just as accountable for all of these answers. And if you've been watching and really listening to the debates, many of these questions have been answered. I, for one, cannot tolerate more years of the same. In my opinion George Bush and the Republican party have devastated this country in a way I never thought possible. And, no offense intended, your questions directly pointed towards only Obama, reek of the old familiar stench of the Republican smear campaigns. Am I not being politically correct? Oh well . . . :dontknow:

Guest 02-13-2008 09:45 PM

Oh Chelsea, you are most definitely being politically correct, to the point of nausea. Talk about smear, your cavalier comment that "George Bush and the Republican party have devastated this country in a way I never thought possible" just reeks of political correctness. It could well have been spouted on MSNBC or by Bill Maher.

I certainly won't defend all actions of Bush and the GOP congresses. Their biggest fault, however, was trying to act like democrats, refusing to cut back on spending. You don't like the war on terrorism, fine. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I think a lot of mistakes were made in the whole war effort, made by the administration, by the military, by the intelligence community, by the media, and by the loyal opposition. Unfortunately, that is the case in all wars. I believe the basic concept behind the war is correct. You may not. That's your right. Find someone who agrees with you and vote for her/him.

Guest 02-14-2008 12:13 AM

English: I would say calling Barak Obama, Osama Obama, was completely slanted. There are many other examples in your questions. Also, if you were intending to ask these questions about other candidates from supporters, you never mentioned it in your original posting. I certainly didn't mean to be rude to you personally. Politics can rile people and all I am saying is what's good for one is good for all. I apologize if I insulted you "personally" in any way.

Muncle: You're right! I love Bill Mahr, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert! I also love Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer and many others. And I don't believe that 70%+ Americans are wrong. Another point, I never said I was being politically correct. I said "if I was not being politically correct, oh well..." And where on God's earth, did I ever say I was opposed to the War on Terrorism??? My goodness, if you listen to the candidates the way you read threads, I can't imagine who you'll vote for. Suggestion: Read & listen before you speak. Oh, and my comment on George Bush and the Republican Party was not being cavalier -- it is a statement of fact.

Guest 02-14-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Don't get me wrong. I don't object to the questions. I do object to the way they are phrased. I can elaborate more after work if you are interested.

What, I'm home from work now and no one is interested? I'm crushed!

Guest 02-14-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest

Muncle: You're right! I love Bill Mahr, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert! I also love Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer and many others. And I don't believe that 70%+ Americans are wrong. Another point, I never said I was being politically correct. I said "if I was not being politically correct, oh well..." And where on God's earth, did I ever say I was opposed to the War on Terrorism??? My goodness, if you listen to the candidates the way you read threads, I can't imagine who you'll vote for. Suggestion: Read & listen before you speak. Oh, and my comment on George Bush and the Republican Party was not being cavalier -- it is a statement of fact.

First of all, if a billion people believe a dumb thing, it doesn't mean that it's right. It's still a dumb thing. Harry Truman had a 23% approval rating, yet today is rated among the best presidents in history. Polls mean nothing.

I'll bypass your political correctness comments. No substance.

Re the comment about the war, I was addressing your rather absurd comment about Bush and the GOP devastating the country. How has this devastation taken place? Normally after this liberal pablum is spouted, it's followed by a diatribe about the war, cutting taxes, global warming, homeless poor, terrible healthcare, etc., etc., etc. All, of course, Bush's fault. I apologize if I inferred too much from your comment. Glad to have your support for the war.

Re your helpful suggestion, I have one for you. You might want to expand your political horizons beyond Mahr/Maher, Stewart, Colbert, and even Cooper and Blitzer. Don't forget, Leno and Letterman are still out there.

Guest 02-14-2008 02:32 AM

Ok Muncle, let's stop the quibbling. Maybe you're right. Let's list some of Bush's accomplishments.

hmmmmm, Katrina? No, hmmmmm. You'll just have to take from there. Oh and thanks for the tip on Leno and Letterman. God, yes I love them too!

Over and out . . . ;)