Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   NEW HOME FLEXABILITY REPORTED TODAY IN THE DAILY SUN.. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-home-flexability-reported-today-daily-sun-11856/)

The Great Fumar 02-14-2008 04:51 AM

NEW HOME FLEXABILITY REPORTED TODAY IN THE DAILY SUN..

Half page add advertising new plans for new home buyers in the Villages...... flexability on picking out exteriors and interiors ..
THE ADD STATES..
Pick your dream home model....
pick your interior decor package...
pick your exterior color package....
Or buy from one of our newly constructed professionally designed homes or villas....

Thought some of you who haven't bought yet might find this interesting,,,,,,,,,THE ADD GIVES A PHONE NO. 753-2270

The Villages might be having second thoughts about how to sell houses

looks like this is for designer and premier homes only....

I've read it three times and this is what it says.....Hope I'm not misleading anyone..............
fumar

Donna 02-14-2008 05:38 AM

Re: NEW HOME FLEXABILITY REPORTED TODAY IN THE DAILY SUN..

Fumar..Would you send the link to the article??? ;)

njgranny 02-14-2008 02:01 PM

Actually, I'm happy not to have to make all those decisions. We went to the Villages yesterday and looked at a Keys Villa. I like "what you see is what you get." As soon as we can get our house sold up north, we'll be back down to buy. :) :) :) :) :)

Lady Jan 02-14-2008 05:47 PM

Will this new sales technique (technique?) reduce the number of unsold spec houses?

The Great Fumar 02-14-2008 06:51 PM

Donna ,
It was an add and not an article so there was no link....However I'm sure there will be more play on this new approach to sell houses and they will splash it everywhere .........I've thrown out the paper it was in (yesterday the 13th) but will watch for it again and try to scan it for totv........
fumar

DickY 02-14-2008 07:05 PM

It's probably the same info that's in the monthly newsletter referenced in https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm....html#msg35244

Donna 02-14-2008 07:41 PM

I am curious to know what the amount of the bond is on these houses... :dontknow:

The Great Fumar 02-14-2008 07:47 PM

DICKY
It could be !!! We'll have to wait and see what the fallout will be. Could be a twist on old words but it could be something new and legit............
fumar

The Great Fumar 02-14-2008 07:49 PM

Donna
You'll probably have to call the number to find out , I know the bond is different on nearly every house....

fumar

Donna 02-14-2008 07:52 PM

Hey Fumar...Great pic..How did I miss that one.. 8)

The Great Fumar 02-15-2008 12:29 AM

I think big John is working on it.........

fume

mom2five 02-17-2008 03:35 AM

Donna

I cut out the add and if you want I could scan it and e-mail it to you.

Send me a pm with your e-mail if you want it.

The Great Fumar 02-17-2008 04:08 AM

The add is legit.....talk to some friends today that bought a gardenia style house near Havana cc. with golf views and it will now be built .....they picked there lot , picked their model , and picked outside color and inside decor....they placed 20% down and it is now being built ......ALSO they had their choise of 15,000 cash back or some furniture and golf cart.......This is not a rumor as it is some golfing buddies that we know very well.....They have now listed their existing home in the villages near cane garden cc.....
They said this new deal went into effect about the first of february...............FYI fumar

pili 02-17-2008 07:57 PM

Yes, I received email with link to add from TV sales office. The only thing you get to choose, though, is the interior and exterior colors. No floors, appliances, etc. We'll be there in May for our first visit so maybe by then there will be more choices. The real estate market is getting pretty crowded and competitive so everyone has to entice future buyers. Thanks as always for the updates.

The Gray Hog 02-17-2008 08:36 PM

Just wondering what the going rate (premium) for a golf course view is since the new deal on designing your own. Anyone privy to this info?