Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   DECISION TO MOVE IS NOW MADE (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/decision-move-now-made-11885/)

utahgirl 02-15-2008 10:18 PM

DECISION TO MOVE IS NOW MADE

After seven years of living out west (originally New Jersey girl and NY hubby) we realized deep down we are East Coast people! We need the food and the people that talk like us! Visited the Village about a year ago and can not get it out of our minds. Made the decision to put our home up for sale in a few months, when it sells go to the Villages and buy. This forum is great. We have learned a lot and love the idea that people seem to love the Villages. Presently we are in an adult community which we thought was Paradise but we miss the East Coast which is closer to all our children. After reading all the posts we realize there is another Paradise! Now I am inspired to get this house here ready for Sale!!

Donna 02-15-2008 10:30 PM

Re: DECISION TO MOVE IS NOW MADE

All the best to you both... :bigthumbsup:

andyc 02-15-2008 10:38 PM

We are in the same boat. We had considered retiring in St. Georg, Utah but reconsidered after visiting TV. We will be putting our house up for sale in April and once it sells, then we will start looking. We have visited TV twice already and the lifestyle is what sold us. There's so much that TV offers compared to the other retirement communities. We are from Allentown, Pa. and have had our fill of ice and snow. Time to move on with our lives and have some fun and get out of the rat race.

JohnnyM 02-15-2008 10:48 PM

Hi Utahgirl and Andy, Barbara and I are from the Jersey shore. We visited TV in January, came home and put our house up for sale. When it goes we go. Tired of the snow, and Jersey politics. The Villages is paradise found if you are truly looking. Hope to see you here soon. Good luck, JohnnyM

pm10 02-15-2008 10:51 PM

How exciting for you, Utahgirl!!! We have to wait one more year................but we'll be there, too - eventually!!!

Peggy D 02-15-2008 11:03 PM

Know exactly where you're coming from.

Live at the Delaware shore. Nice place, but after visiting TV, I want more!!

Visited TV about 18 months ago and can't get it out of my head. Coming for another visit sometime this spring (gotta have my "fix") and plan on putting the house up for sale around then.

Hoping for the best. I have St. Joseph ready to go in the ground!!!

See you there soon.

ouma1938 02-15-2008 11:09 PM

Hope you can sell your home quickly Utahgirl. We are in the same position and just can hardly wait. We visited TV in August last year and are planning another trip in late Spring. And if we are lucky it will the "buying a house" trip. You guys have made a terrific decision and I konw that you will be so happy in Paradise.

JohnN 02-15-2008 11:22 PM

best of luck utahgirl.
Sometimes I feel a tad out of place, being from the midwest (Chi-town),
but I worked for AT&T and traveled the east coast a lot, so I think I'm make it there
with the east coasters. I know there's a few others around too from other parts, diversity is ok with me.

jjdees 02-16-2008 01:50 AM

I think St. Joseph is overworked and under staffed at this time.

redwitch 02-16-2008 02:11 AM

Welcome! Hope both of your houses sell quickly. No question you'll have a blast here and, hopefully, never want to move again!

utahgirl 02-16-2008 04:52 AM

Wow! After reading all the posts we can see that everyone is in sort of the same place as us.

Andy - St Geroge is a wonderful place and there are a few of us Easterners here but a lot from the Midwest and California. We lived out this way for seven years, people are beautiful but not that fast, wild, loud kind like us Easterners. I am originally from Bayonne New Jersey and Husband from Flushing NY who moved to NJ and as we get older you have to get back closer to your roots. We just don't want the snow.

Hopefully everyone all of our homes will sell quickly and we can make our dreams come true.

Barb and Charlie

jerseygirl008 02-16-2008 06:06 AM

Hi Barb & Charlie (Utahgirl- bet you wanted "jerseygirl" as a handle and I beat you to it, LOL) and AndyC.

Andy: I'm just 1 hr. from Allentown and have been there many times. Can relate to both of your stories. Isn't this board fantastic? I will be visiting TV in mid April for my first "Lifestyle Preview" and can't wait. I'm just so confused at this point as to which part of TV is the best to buy a house. Guess I'll get closer to figuring that out once I visit. Welcome, all of you.