Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Deals Now on The Villages Web Site (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/deals-now-villages-web-site-12136/)

beady 02-28-2008 04:04 AM

Deals Now on The Villages Web Site

I just went to the new homes section of The Villages web-site. They are showing price reductions on the new homes and shopping offers.
I think this is a first. I know the developer sends newsletters out with deals available but I have never seen anything on the web-site before.
Could it be that the market slow down has finally impacted TV sales enough for them to have to put the information on their web-site? ::) ::)

njgranny 02-28-2008 12:58 PM

Re: Deals Now on The Villages Web Site

Wow, that's interesting. Wish I had the $$$$ now.

mmclover 02-28-2008 04:37 PM

I notice that the courtyard villas have a giant power line in the back yard. I am not so sure that I would be happy with that to look at. Are all of the new villas being built in this area?

poromo 02-28-2008 05:02 PM

The prices are good but I believe the golf front designer and premier homes are still 10% to 15% (maybe more) overpriced. Most developments in Central Florida ask between $40,000 and $70,000 premium for being on the golf course. TV is still asking over $100,000. When the higher price homes continue to remain in inventory, TV will be forced to reduce these prices. I believe TV will need to provide additional discounts within the next 6-12 months particularly during the slow summer selling season.

JohnN 02-28-2008 11:19 PM

poromo, I hope you're on target, bud.
Regardless, it's obvious there is downward price pressure, acknowledging not as much as in the rest of Florida as pointed out elsewhere

hunt9791 02-28-2008 11:47 PM

The next group of Villas will be off odell Circle according to our realtor...

pili 02-28-2008 11:47 PM

I agree with Poromo that Designer and Premium (particularly Premium) are overpriced. I looked at Premiums which are the nicest one and some were as high as $700,000. I think anything over $500,000 is a little bit much for retirees. We want a designer but by the time we get a nice lot (I don't care about golf view but I want some space), pool, and other amenities, we are talking close to $500,000. That's pretty steep in my opinion. We plan to visit in May so we'll see how things look.

Pili

poromo 02-29-2008 06:36 PM

The On Top of the World communities web site states there is no additional cost for a golf front home site. Certainly worth a look.

Russ_Boston 02-29-2008 07:25 PM

All of us wannabes know that there are literally dozens of communities where you can buy a golf front home in FLA for less than TV.

The choice always come down to price vs. amenities. I've been to OTOW and it might be second best to TV but it is not a close second! IMHO

So I'll pay an additionaly 50k or so given the choice.

For me it comes down to four letters G O L F

poromo 02-29-2008 07:34 PM

Russ,
I agree with you. If TV charged only $50K more for a golf front site there would be no contest. However, TV is charging up to $180K with an average of $100K for golf front sites.

Russ_Boston 02-29-2008 07:36 PM

Agreed. What i meant was an extra 50K over similar communities who also build in some premium lot prices (in my research and visits).

lm01 02-29-2008 11:56 PM

one thing I can tell you for those wanting to move to the villages, do your homework and be a little smarter than the villages. The Villages are expecting you to purchase on impulse. They are still making money on your home. They have a lot of play in their pricing. Take a hard look at the price adjustments some high some low .....it is not because the home is better. and the high bonds are there for a reason.

trumbull 03-01-2008 02:11 PM

I was wondering if somebody might be able to answer this question? We were down in Sept and Nov for a week and plan on retiring later this year. Based on looking at the differenct areas, I really liked the location of Baisley Trail, Chapman Loop or Bramble Circle. This area is south of Largo off of Canal . My question is have they started any buidling on these streets as of this date. My sales rep told me in Nov of last year that this area was next to be buillt up. I think they will be building the designer style homes in that area. These streets will overlook the Kenya course at Havana. I did play Havana but not the Kenya nine. We did a lot wondering in the golf cart.

villages07 03-01-2008 04:09 PM

Trumbull,

They are building close to the intersection of Odell and Canal (south of Largo)... a neighborhood of patio villas is pretty far along; also underway is a neighborhood of courtyard villas. They have just recently (like the last 3 weeks) started building some designer homes.....these appear to be hemingway neighborhood on Odell east of intersection with Canal....near parts of havana/kenya.

Bramble road area hasn't yet been developed (just off Canal, south of Odell/Largo).

My guess is that the designers being built are probably at least 2-3 months from being sold. That's a guess only.

trumbull 03-01-2008 05:31 PM

Village07

Thank you for the response, second time you have answered one of my questions. I read many of the comments that are posted and they are informative on village issues.