Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What have you done to your Gardenia/Magnolia (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-have-you-done-your-gardenia-magnolia-123539/)

PR1234 08-10-2014 12:43 PM

What have you done to your Gardenia/Magnolia

I've enjoyed the Begonia thread so much, wanted to ask all the Gardenia/Magnolia owners, what have you done to enhance/update your homes? We will be closing on one in October and would like some fresh ideas! Thanks:wave::wave:

villagetinker 08-10-2014 02:40 PM

tiled backsplash

2 Attachment(s)
We added a tile backsplash, and then added tile to the wall between the kitchen and living/dining rooms. Really makes a difference. My wife's son did the work, he relocated with us and is just getting established. Does great work. Also, did similar projects for 2 neighbors.

villagetinker 08-10-2014 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry one of the photos did not attach, and I forgot to include Dan's phone number:
610-496-7320 (cell), he is local, in Wildwood.

Also, he can work around your schedule.

PR1234 08-10-2014 02:53 PM

Looks nice! Is that all he does is tile or other things too?

In awe of TV 08-10-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 921364)
We added a tile backsplash, and then added tile to the wall between the kitchen and living/dining rooms. Really makes a difference. My wife's son did the work, he relocated with us and is just getting established. Does great work. Also, did similar projects for 2 neighbors.

The wall looks gorgeous - fantastic design!

Lbmb24101 08-10-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PR1234 (Post 921296)
I've enjoyed the Begonia thread so much, wanted to ask all the Gardenia/Magnolia owners, what have you done to enhance/update your homes? We will be closing on one in October and would like some fresh ideas! Thanks:wave::wave:

Additions done to Gardenia:
Epoxy in garage
Backsplash and bar wall done by Billy Parker ( i wish i knew how to attach photos...)
All closets ( Busby did those)
High quality carpeting in bedrms
Plantation shutters in entire house

JGVillages 08-10-2014 06:38 PM

We have a Camiila/ same floor plan

1 Attachment(s)
If you have the "Post Dividers" as we do, what we did was put a Mural on the wall (see photo) and an area rug under the dining room table. This gives the dining area a distinctive feel yet it remains open to the Great Room.

Attachment 44289

PR1234 08-11-2014 09:40 AM

LbmB24101, not sure how to post pictures either! I need to learn that in my spare time;-)
JCVillages, the mural is awesome!

villagetinker 08-11-2014 09:44 AM

Dan, Style in Tile, Wildwood

Dan does all forms of tiling, bathrooms, kitchens, floors, etc. He is currently a one man shop, and does quality work, which means he takes the time for some of the tile to set before installing the rest of the tile. He can also work around your schedule, and help with the tile layout. Cell 610-496-7320.

villagetinker 08-11-2014 09:49 AM

In Awe of TV,

The initial design (our house) was my wife's with some modification by me. It was based on the same tile used in the backsplash, which was entirely my wife's design. I used my computer to make a detailed sketch of the final design for her review. The neighbors house was very similar to our design, using the same tiles, but in a different layout.

Dan is very flexible and works to give the customer what they want.

under55 08-11-2014 10:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
We have other pictures of improvements we did in the past already on here. But here are a few things we did this summer. Changed out the cornice boards for Crown Molding Valances and window casings. Added glass front cabinets to the side of kitchen above Fridge. Tore out the tile and bath tub in guest bath and put in a tiled shower. Glass door will not be here for a couple of more weeks.

villagetinker 08-11-2014 01:21 PM

Also, added fan and light in the center of the kitchen, under counter LED lighting, privacy screens on the lanai and a hot tub on the lanai, built in surround sound speakers in the ceiling of the living room, and rebuilt both closets in the master bedroom for more storage. Added lots of cabinets in the garage, and coated the floor before we moved in.

PR1234 08-11-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by under55 (Post 921697)
We have other pictures of improvements we did in the past already on here. But here are a few things we did this summer. Changed out the cornice boards for Crown Molding Valances and window casings. Added glass front cabinets to the side of kitchen above Fridge. Tore out the tile and bath tub in guest bath and put in a tiled shower. Glass door will not be here for a couple of more weeks.

Love the Crown Molding Valances, I think even more than plantation shutters!
PMing you for some details. Thanks