Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   RDOG (Responsible Dog Owners Group) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/)
-   -   Doggie Day Care and Kennels (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/doggie-day-care-kennels-125160/)

heysus66 08-27-2014 02:32 PM

Doggie Day Care and Kennels

We are moving to TV in mid September. We have a 3 yr old English Setter who is used to a 1/2 acre fenced yard and going to day care. Poor guy
Is gonna lose his freedom. I'm sure we will be on the golf cart going to the dog parks.
Help - Is there a good day care facility and kennel nearby. We are located in the southern end of TV but will travel to get good care.

CFrance 08-27-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heysus66 (Post 929396)
We are moving to TV in mid September. We have a 3 yr old English Setter who is used to a 1/2 acre fenced yard and going to day care. Poor guy
Is gonna lose his freedom. I'm sure we will be on the golf cart going to the dog parks.
Help - Is there a good day care facility and kennel nearby. We are located in the southern end of TV but will travel to get good care.

Doggie Doo Run Run might have the best day care that your dog is used to. Most of the day care places nearby only let the dogs out to play at certain times. I believe DDRR lets them be free indoors and has a good fenced outside yard with some change.

We like Pet Lodge and Spa in Leesburg, but that's about 35 minutes away. The dogs are in play areas grouped according to size & temperament. But kenneled at night. However, someone is there 24 hours.

jane032657 08-28-2014 01:48 AM

We have a five year old English Setter and we had a fenced half acre before we moved here. We also have an almost 9 month old Gordon Setter. They go to Doggie Doo Run Run every morning, we pay $30 a month for the two to use the immense fenced dog park. We board the dogs at Bed Time Tales in Summerfield. They not only board our Setters but three other English Setters that I know. The parks in The Villages are not really enough space for Setters. Doggie Doo Run Run is really just of 466 near Southern Trace. It's so hot in Florida that after that run at the park, they will just want the air conditioning and a good bed for the rest of the day.

jane032657 08-28-2014 01:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We have a five year old English Setter that also came from a home with a fenced half acre and we have a 9 month old Gordon Setter. They go to Doggie Doo Run Run every morning, we pay $30 a month for them to use the immense fenced acreage. They love it. It is just off 466 near Southern Trace. Once your dogs go for a run there, being in Florida, they will be happy to go home to the air conditioning and a nice bed for the rest of the day. We board the dogs at Bed Time Tales in Summerfield and I know of at least three other English Setters that also board there.

Madelaine Amee 08-28-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane032657 (Post 929574)
We have a five year old English Setter that also came from a home with a fenced half acre and we have a 9 month old Gordon Setter. They go to Doggie Doo Run Run every morning, we pay $30 a month for them to use the immense fenced acreage. They love it. It is just off 466 near Southern Trace. Once your dogs go for a run there, being in Florida, they will be happy to go home to the air conditioning and a nice bed for the rest of the day. We board the dogs at Bed Time Tales in Summerfield and I know of at least three other English Setters that also board there.

Thank you for the photos of your beautiful dogs. Our Avitar shows our last lab and we still miss her.

jane032657 08-28-2014 06:31 AM

We lost our Irish Setter in December. I am sorry for your loss of your family member.

CFrance 08-28-2014 06:41 AM

There are many other places around for boarding that people like. Bedtime Tails is one of them--very clean. You can do a search on the forum for dog boarding and see what you come up with. Meanwhile, there will eventually be a dog park south of 466a. The Responsible Dog Owners Group is fundraising to equip the land that's being provided by the developer.

kgentile1010 08-28-2014 11:41 AM

Setters are SOOOO CUTE!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane032657 (Post 929574)

I know these babies. :) I agree, Doggie Doo Run Run every morning. I live near Bonifay and it's 20 minutes to drive over. I also use BedTime Tails in Summerlin for boarding. She has little rooms for the dogs, no kennels. I tried several places and found this one to be the best.

kgentile1010 08-28-2014 11:44 AM

Fund raising

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 929606)
There are many other places around for boarding that people like. Bedtime Tails is one of them--very clean. You can do a search on the forum for dog boarding and see what you come up with. Meanwhile, there will eventually be a dog park south of 466a. The Responsible Dog Owners Group is fundraising to equip the land that's being provided by the developer.

Are you having any events? Or do you have a link for information to make a donation?

Christine G 08-28-2014 12:24 PM

We take our dog to Mount Dora, to the Mount Dora Veterinary Hospital on Old US 441, she has been in there several times and loves it. She goes in with the girl without a backward glance and their rates are really inexpensive per night. Less than $20 a night. Would not take her anywhere else.

xcaligirl 11-13-2014 08:52 PM

I take our Jack Russell Terrier to Bedtime Tales for boarding and for day care. Cathy along with her staff are fantastic! I love the place ~ it's clean, great hours, very caring staff. I would highly recommend Bedtime Tails. We just moved here from California, we had a much larger back yard and are very happy with them.

CFrance 11-13-2014 09:01 PM

TNLAKEPANDA 11-13-2014 09:25 PM

We would also be interested in a nice dog overnight kennel on the South side. You can PM us with any suggestions.

Thanks.

TV MAN 11-13-2014 10:01 PM

Another vote for Pet Lodge in Leesburg. They also have cameras so you can see your dog in the play areas.

Big dog walk comming up at the polo grounds end of Jan !!!