Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Recipe exchange....Tony tried last Dec. but no response (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/recipe-exchange-tony-tried-last-dec-but-no-response-12520/)

Rokinronda 03-17-2008 08:31 PM

Recipe exchange....Tony tried last Dec. but no response

HHmmmm How about Rhonda's Stuffed Mushrooms......NY eve smash hit 2006 per Villagers at Sumter Landing get together, GONE in 5 minutes 2 packages of mushrooms (Your choice), I like baby bella's. remove stems, wash and dry. 2 sweet italian sausage. remove meat from casing and saute with a little chopped garlic, about 1/4 of a chopped red pepper, and 1/4 of a grated onion. Cook throughly, next add 1 stick of butter and 1/8cup sherry. Crush RITZ crackers, approx 2 sleeves worth, add to sausage mixture. If too wet add more cracker or more butter if too dry. Sorry I don't measure anything. Stuff mushrooms and bake at 350 for approx. 20 minutes until lightly browned. Makes a cookie sheet full! Enjoy!!

Boomer 03-17-2008 09:28 PM

Re: Recipe exchange....Tony tried last Dec. but no response

Hey Rockinronda,

Here is the easiest recipe ever to serve guests before dinner or if you are just having people over for drinks or...

Oh, what the heck. Just sit down and eat it all by yourself before anybody arrives and give the company the Philly or something.

Artichoke Cheese Spread

1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup mayonnaise (no salad dressing allowed) and I really think Hellmann's is the best of all
1 cup Parmesan cheese (get some real stuff, not the green can)
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
Paprika to sprinkle on top

Mix the first 4 ingredients, sprinkle with the paprika, and bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven until the top is slightly brown (the top of the cheese stuff not the top of the oven) Serve hot with crackers.

Boomer

Mikitv 03-18-2008 12:18 AM

MEXICAN DIP:

ONE 8 OZ SOUR CREAM
ONE 8 OZ CREAM CHEESE
1 PACKAGE TACO SEASONING

MIX ABOVE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND LET SIT OVER NIGHT.

1ST LAYER SPREAD THE MIX IN A PAN OR BOWL:

2ND LAYER SPREAD SHREDDED LETTUCE OVER THE MIX

3RD LAYER SPREAD SHREDDED CHEESE (TACO MIX BLEND)

4TH LAYER SPREAD A MIX OF CHOPPED PEPPERS, TOMATOES, ONIONS

OVER THE CHEESE.

CAN FINISH WITH MORE SOUR CREAM AND OR GUACAMOLE.

SERVE WITH FRESH TACO CHIPS

Rokinronda 03-18-2008 12:34 AM

sounds good, will try both! :bigthumbsup:

Muncle 03-18-2008 12:55 AM

Here's an easy one:

Blend together some cream cheese and jalapeno relish.
That works and it's good, so naturally I didn't stop these.
Thought it could be sweeter so I added some superfine sugar.
Since it's kinda hot, but not hot enough, I added additional peppers.
And, since it's hot, it should show it, so I added red food coloring.
And finally I had some shredded cheese in the frig so I threw that in.

Stop anywhere you want and serve with wheat thins. :pop:

Rokinronda 03-18-2008 01:10 AM

Easy delicious sloppy joes! 1 diced pepper and 1 diced onion,sautee, add ground beef, cook thoroughly, drain fat. Add 1 small can italian seasoned tomato paste(contadina preferred) and a dash of S&P and Voila! Don't get me going, I could go on and on. Seafood fettucini, baked stuffed cod with lobster sauce. We had fried sea scallops in beer batter tonight. ................I'm looking for a new pork chop dish, easy and yummy......I have one, brown chops in frying pan , cover w/sliced potatoes and onions, S & P add a cup of water, cover and simmer till potatoes and onions are tender. Any requests? I worked in restaurants for 25 years.

KathieI 03-18-2008 01:12 AM

Muncle,

:barf:

I hope you never invite me over for dinner

but if you do, I'll bring the dinner

Your friend, Kathie

Rokinronda 03-18-2008 01:32 AM

Oh Muncle!! Kath, I think we agree on that one!! :agree: sounds like a desperate need for a snack! 1rnfl :barf: :o

Just Susan 03-18-2008 02:18 AM

Okay Ronda here is an easy pork chop recipe for you. The best part is you can throw it into your crockpot and enjoy the Villages while it cooks.

Sauerkraut and Pork Chops
note: The sauerkraut will not be sour at the end of this process.

1 can or bag or lg jar sauerkraut
2 apples
4-6 small onions (stud them with cloves)
1 pint good Chablis or any other white wine
4-6 smoked or regular pork chops (browned)
6 flavorful polish sausages

Combine in large pot on stove and simmer for 2 hours...or...combine in a crockpot for 4-6 depending on med or low setting.

Really yummy. Serve with parsley potatoes.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/to...s/mermaid3.gif

Rokinronda 03-18-2008 02:35 AM

Love crock pot recipes! Sounds good! Will try it!

Muncle 03-18-2008 02:39 AM

Kathie/Ronda,
You guys got no imagination! I first had a similar dip at a Harry & Davids. I got their recipe, but I'm not going to pay their prices for non chocolate stuff or maybe pears. I used the basic recipe with "similar" ingredients. However, any decent cook will tell you that a recipe is just a starting point from which the imagination explores. During the bread machine days, I never followed recipes as written and created some masterpieces (and a few duds). My condo neighbors were forever knocking on the door to taste my latest savory creation. The greatest marinade for shish kabob I ever made was composed of whatever I had a partial bottle or jar of in the frig. The only problem was that as wonderful as it turned out and as many requests for recipes I got, it was absolutely unduplicatable. Now I try a new recipe and, if it turns out well, my first reaction is, "Hmm, I wonder how I can change it."

Chill out. The kitchen is not an atomic lab. It's a fun place.

Rokinronda 03-18-2008 02:42 AM

chilling! and apoligizing!! I should try before I speak or barf!

Just Susan 03-18-2008 02:57 AM

I am afraid my cooking style is a lot like Muncle's and Ronda's. I don't measure, I use whatever is around, I seldom can duplicate and for the most part am known as a pretty good cook. Then again I think people usually are good at what they enjoy most, and I love to cook.
I'm hoping that we can join a progressive dinner group when we finally land in TV...lots of cooks each with their own kitchen.
http://www.millan.net/minimations/to...s/mermaid3.gif

Donna 03-18-2008 03:17 AM

I need a good meat loaf recipe..Mine is so dry I could break a window...http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/gaah.gif

Rokinronda 03-18-2008 03:35 AM

cheap hamburg, mustard, ketchup, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, italian flavored breadcrumbs,. squish together bake, eat! HINT: Don't buy good hamburg, not enough fat, makes it dry.... I like it w/ ground veal and pork added also. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm