Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   driveway coating (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/driveway-coating-127731/)

Chinook 09-21-2014 11:32 PM

driveway coating

I'm new in the villages and would like to get my driveway and patio coated like I see here in my neighborhood. Can anyone recommend a contractor you have had good luck with in this coating? Most of the people in my neighborhood are not here yet to ask.
Thanks

Birdie Dreamer 09-22-2014 05:51 AM

Decorative Concrete ( www.decorativeconcreteofcf.com )

352-620-9561

Cliff will do a great job for you.

MikeV 09-22-2014 07:11 AM

We used Driveways by Jay and he did a great job. The only problem was when the small triangle at the end of the driveway had to be replaced we called him to repaint that small area. It took months for him to get to it and when he did he wanted $200 to do it or he would paint the two triangles a base color for free. We went with the free job and now the two triangles are just plain colored while the rest of the driveway still has the design.

George Bieniaszek 09-22-2014 07:34 AM

I used Florida Deck to paint the driveway on my CYV. It has been 2.5 years and the driveway looks great. Some people used a different contractor and the paint is peeling off and the driveways look bad and in need of a re-do.

The lowest price is not necessarily the best deal.

TheScoodlepoops 09-22-2014 07:41 AM

We used Amy Newsome. Great job. She's a real pro and when we had a small piece of concrete replaced, she returned quickly and made the fix at no cost. It looks just like the original.

Irishmen 09-22-2014 09:48 AM

Based what I heard this weekend, would not recommend Artisticrete out of Leesburg till they correct their business dealings with the public. This is hearsay and hopefully Artisticrete will respond; Im sure there's a good explanation. I heard a golfing buddy is going through this: even though customers were calling the Artisticrete office number, someone with Artisticrete is coming out and collecting deposit checks made out to Artisticrete and deposited to Artiscretes bank account, Artisticrete is saying they dont know anything about checks made out to Artistcrete collected by Artisticrete and deposited into Artistcrete bank acct. maybe someone from Artisticrete can come on here and let us know cause whats going on because according to my buddy Artisticrete says there are a lot of victims this has been happening to them for a while blaming a worker, the bank etc. if Artisticrete is the victim, they should be procactive and let us know so innocent elderly people dont keep on falling prey. Once again just hearsay but Artisticrete can come here and advise us. Funny thing though said to my buddy, Artisticrete told him its not a criminal matter but a civil matter because once a estimate is done and the check is collected its considered work performed even though the homeowner never sees Artistcrete again. That doesnt seem right.

Warren Kiefer 09-22-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by george bieniaszek (Post 941938)
i used florida deck to paint the driveway on my cyv. It has been 2.5 years and the driveway looks great. Some people used a different contractor and the paint is peeling off and the driveways look bad and in need of a re-do.

The lowest price is not necessarily the best deal.

i personally believe this is the very best company in the villages doing this kind of work. In addition, the only coating i would recommend is what they call the acyrilic material. It resembles concrete and will last many years and another valuable asset is that mine is fours years old and has never had to be washed.

Warren Kiefer 09-22-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmen (Post 942015)
Based what I heard this weekend, would not recommend Artistcrete out of Leesburg till they correct their business dealings with the public. This is hearsay and hopefully Artistcrete will respond; Im sure there's a good explanation. I heard a golfing buddy is going through this: even though customers were calling the Artistcrete office number, someone with Artistcrete is coming out and collecting deposit checks made out to Artistcrete and deposited to Artiscretes bank account, Artistcrete is saying they dont know anything about checks made out to Artistcrete collected by Artistcrete and deposited into Artistcrete bank acct. maybe someone from Artistcrete can come on here and let us know cause whats going on because according to my buddy Artisticrete says there are a lot of victims this has been happening to them for a while blaming a worker, the bank etc. if Artistcrete is the victim, they should be procactive and let us know so innocent elderly people dont keep on falling prey. Once again just hearsay but Artistcrete can come here and advise us. Funny thing though said to my buddy, Artistcrete told him its not a criminal matter but a civil matter because once a estimate is done and the check is collected its considered work performed even though the homeowner never sees Artistcrete again. That doesnt seem right.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::cus:

Irishmen 09-22-2014 10:22 AM

wow warren, sorry about your luck. Scamming elderly people is the lowest. They were recommended by some of the posters here who recommend contractors all the time. Hope Artiscrete can clear this up.

Challenger 09-22-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer (Post 942024)
i personally believe this is the very best company in the villages doing this kind of work. In addition, the only coating i would recommend is what they call the acyrilic material. It resembles concrete and will last many years and another valuable asset is that mine is fours years old and has never had to be washed.

Florida Deck has done at least 20 homes in our CYV neighborhood . The work is high quality, good supervision, clean although smelly, fair price, follow up on issues if there are any.
I just had them back to redo my garage floor that was botched by another company 2 yrs ago. It was messy but Florida Deck did outstanding remediation.
PS I am not a stockholder!!!:coolsmiley:

Irishmen 09-22-2014 10:47 AM

some initial findings on the internet re Artisicrete...we laugh at my buddy all the time; they refuse to get internet. Grand kids hate visiting. LOL. Maybe he should now cause he's a trusting soul.

Artisticrete, LLC Business Review in Leesburg, FL - Central Florida BBB

indianavette 09-22-2014 02:22 PM

I have used artiscrete and loved the finished product but would NOT recommend them. I also used Delcrete and highly recommend them.

Irishmen 09-22-2014 04:36 PM

Hopefully Aristicrete will respond soon.

TNLAKEPANDA 09-22-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 941932)
We used Driveways by Jay and he did a great job. The only problem was when the small triangle at the end of the driveway had to be replaced we called him to repaint that small area. It took months for him to get to it and when he did he wanted $200 to do it or he would paint the two triangles a base color for free. We went with the free job and now the two triangles are just plain colored while the rest of the driveway still has the design.

I would not recommend that guy. $200 is outrageous. The smart man would do it for free but I can understand charging something for his time & material.

carmanfl1 09-22-2014 07:01 PM

I highly recommend Concrete Texture and Designs with Jim and Brandy Robbins. Their phone number is 352-636-0274. They do excellent work. Just finished our driveway and we have had many compliments.