Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   I admit it. I judge a man by the way he looks. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/i-admit-i-judge-man-way-he-looks-128546/)

Cisco Kid 09-29-2014 01:56 PM

I admit it. I judge a man by the way they look

Look @ The TV news. If you walk in with a skull on your neck. I am leaving.
I would not hire you or rent to you. I will turn and run from you. I would assume you are guilty of what ever case needs closed.
This I confess.
I will talk to my priest about this Sunday.

Indydealmaker 09-29-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 945647)
I would not hire you or rent to you. I will turn and run from you. I would assume you are guilty of what ever case needs closed.
This I confess.

Despite what the "progressives" preach, if you don't learn to profile you are more likely to end up regretting that learning deficiency than not.

Parker 09-29-2014 02:06 PM

Saw a windshield banner on a rather run-down car the other day that read "Hated by Many". The driver looked like a thug. Suffice it to say, I'll take him at his word and assume he is a bad guy. I don't think that's judgemental, just a reasonable reaction.

pbkmaine 09-29-2014 02:13 PM

I feel that way about tattoos, but a surprising number of nice people have them. Including our VP of HR.

MikeV 09-29-2014 02:18 PM

I always judge a book by its cover until I have read it.

maddie101 09-29-2014 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

This I confess.

I would not want to be this guys dinner partner on a cruise for sure. This is the guy arrested near City Fire on Sunday

KayakerNC 09-29-2014 02:22 PM

Certainly explains the success of the Bernie Madoff types.
http://menacesdamour.m.e.pic.centerb...t/f0yhwma0.jpg

redwitch 09-29-2014 02:47 PM

I hate tats. Cute, ugly, threatening, scary. I don't care. They're hideous. At the same time, some of the nicest people I've ever met have them. It took me a long time but I learned to at least let a person say more than five words before I dismissed them from my life regardless of their outward appearance.

A pretty cover does not a good book make.

graciegirl 09-29-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 945699)
I hate tats. Cute, ugly, threatening, scary. I don't care. They're hideous. At the same time, some of the nicest people I've ever met have them. It took me a long time but I learned to at least let a person say more than five words before I dismissed them from my life regardless of their outward appearance.

We can't be so uncaring of our appearance if we want to get hired. You may be an ax murderer but if you are applying for a day care job, please don't look like an ax murderer.

Bernie Madoff didn't look the part of a bad guy, but that is a weak argument to me. I will profile.

Cisco Kid 09-29-2014 02:54 PM

That had to hurt to get.
How many needles to the throat did it take to get a skull.
Me thinks he likes pain.
It hurts to look at.

Sable99 09-29-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 945699)

I agree. I really don't like tattoos. But, I also think some tattoos are a lot worse than others and I must admit I probably do judge them.

redwitch 09-29-2014 03:07 PM

I think we all judge. It is inherent in us. The question is what we do about that judgment. As I said, I've learnt to let someone talk and I try hard to listen before I decide I do not want to waste my time. That doesn't mean I'm not cautious, it just means you get the benefit of doubt.

Madelaine Amee 09-29-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

This I confess.

First impressions are very, very important to me. This may be wrong and unchristian, but first impressions hang with me a long, long time. If my first impression turns out to be incorrect (and it does) I am still hesitant about the person.

OK, having said all that, I think a lot of people tend to have done stupid things in their youth that catch up with them in the long run. But, if you are going to put a skull and cross bones on your body don't put it on your neck where it is the first thing seen when people (and police, and gang members) meet you - smarten up and put it on the cheek of your backside where only select people will see it!

To me, a skull and cross bones on your neck is an affront to my sensibilities.

I don't apologize for my strong feelings on this matter ................... :ohdear:

BarryRX 09-29-2014 03:28 PM

You never get a second chance at a first impression. That's why I always do James Cagney!

Cisco Kid 09-29-2014 03:33 PM

And adding to my post that I will hijack,
A man armed with a pair of brass knuckles was arrested at 2 a.m. Sunday outside City Fire at Lake Sumter Landing Market Square.
2 AM ??????? I thought after 9 PM in TV only the possums were out ?