Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Smart Anoles in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/smart-anoles-villages-128802/)

Sandtrap328 10-01-2014 05:38 PM

Smart Anoles in The Villages

This afternoon, I was sitting on my lanai and noticed 9 anoles on the screens. I have not seen that large number on the screens at one time. Then,, I saw a Black Racer snake about 3 feet long cruising along the ground in the flowers.

When the snake left the area, the anoles came down from their safe havens.

Topspinmo 10-01-2014 07:31 PM

I think the snake could of clum the screens if he wanted to. Probably after bigger fish. I sure miss my little buddies at the rent house. haven't had time meet the new lizards at the new house yet.

NoMoSno 10-01-2014 07:37 PM

I wish they were smart enough to leave my garage, when I open the screen door for them. :shrug::shrug:

dbussone 10-01-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 946943)
I think the snake could of clum the screens if he wanted to. Probably after bigger fish. I sure miss my little buddies at the rent house. haven't had time meet the new lizards at the new house yet.

RC - if I had not looked at your profile, I would have guessed you were one of my very good friends from Mississippi.

Topspinmo 10-01-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbussone (Post 946948)
RC - if I had not looked at your profile, I would have guessed you were one of my very good friends from Mississippi.

do you shoot pool (8, 9, straight, snooker, rotation, scratch, or 5th and 8th? ) play table tennis, tennis (singles or doubles )pickleball (singles or doubles) bank fish, shoot air guns? I'm looking for buddy after I get moved in?

dbussone 10-01-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 946965)
do you shoot pool (8, 9, straight, snooker, rotation, scratch, or 5th and 8th? ) play table tennis, tennis (singles or doubles )pickleball (singles or doubles) bank fish, shoot air guns? I'm looking for buddy after I get moved in?

I shoot real guns and play golf. I think we might have a bond here. If not, I'm willing to try something that makes you feel welcome. You will love it here.

dbussone 10-01-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc Moser (Post 946965)

I shoot real guns, golf, and do other things....but I will do anything I can to make you feel welcome here. You'll love it.

Topspinmo 10-01-2014 08:46 PM

I sold all my bench rest rifles and kept the air gun. I plan on going to air gun range when I get settled in. your not pool player? if interested I willing to teach basics? after that it's all about practice.

KittyKat 10-02-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 946888)
This afternoon, I was sitting on my lanai and noticed 9 anoles on the screens. I have not seen that large number on the screens at one time. Then,, I saw a Black Racer snake about 3 feet long cruising along the ground in the flowers.

Wow, that IS smart! I wonder if they smelled it or heard the rustle.

looneycat 10-03-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 (Post 946888)

Oops! nevermind, I misread the subject :1rotfl: